should i add another ounce of cascade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Righlander

Reaction score
I'm trying to make an IPA this is the recipe.
Anthem IPA Ingredients (for 5 gallons)

8lbs Pale Malt LME
3lbs Marris Otter Grain
.5lb crystal 60
1oz Nugget Hops AA 11.2% 60 mins
.5oz Galena AA 12.2% 60 mins
.5oz Galena AA 12.2% 30 mins
.5oz Cascade Hops AA 5.1% 30 mins
.5oz Cascade Hops AA 5.1% 15 Mins
1oz Cascade Hops AA 5.1% 0 mins
1oz Cascade hops AA 5.1% (Dry Hop)
11.5g Safale us-05 Yeast Pitch temp 79f
1 cup Dextrose for Priming
SG: 1.061
FG: 1.018

now, it only came out 5.8%. so i only added 1 ounce cascade for dry hopping.
I was going to add 2oz cascade but since the ABV was lower than i though it would be i was thinking 2oz might be too much for dry hop.
what do u guys think? should i add the other ounce of cascade to secondary? it tasted really nice at transfer to secondary.

LOL, Update... I added the other 1oz cascade. I just remembered people telling me about how dry hop is really no added bitterness so F it. I added the other ounce of cascade.

Correct, dry hopping is for aroma only, so hop till your nose is content, or your billfold screams, which ever comes first:)

yeah...the two weeks ago I made a IBA with the following hopping schedule

2oz Vanguard @ 60
1oz sterling @ 60
1.5oz liberty @ 15
0.5oz liberty @ 2
1oz argentine cascade @ 2
2oz cascade DH

Originally I did not plan on dry hopping, I went to the LHBS a day before my transfer to the secondary (a Thursday night), and bought an ounce of cascade. Then on Friday when I was transferring and adding the ounce of cascade, I decided I wanted to brew Saturday, so I went back to the LHBS and bought another ounce when purchasing some other ingredients for my Saturday brew session. When it was all said and done I added 2oz of cascade in the secondary and it has been one week since then. :ban:

Would you guys leave em in for one week or two?? I planned on two...

yeah...the two weeks ago I made a IBA with the following hopping schedule

2oz Vanguard @ 60
1oz sterling @ 60
1.5oz liberty @ 15
0.5oz liberty @ 2
1oz argentine cascade @ 2
2oz cascade DH

Originally I did not plan on dry hopping, I went to the LHBS a day before my transfer to the secondary (a Thursday night), and bought an ounce of cascade. Then on Friday when I was transferring and adding the ounce of cascade, I decided I wanted to brew Saturday, so I went back to the LHBS and bought another ounce when purchasing some other ingredients for my Saturday brew session. When it was all said and done I added 2oz of cascade in the secondary and it has been one week since then. :ban:

Would you guys leave em in for one week or two?? I planned on two...

Nice, update me on how it comes out...as i will update you

Back