flavor/aroma hops left in primary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dycokac

Reaction score
So, I am curious.

Leaving flavor/aroma hops in my primary, good or bad?

I've been leaving them in and yeah when I rack to bottles, my bottling bucket is mostly devoid of them and the beer still tastes good. I've noticed if i let a fresh pour breath a minute or 2 there's less of a bite.

Though I havn't started secondary fermenting yet. My LBS is having a sale next week and I'm going to nab a few carboys so i can 1, do a secondary ferment and 2 make some Aplfelwein for the SWMBO :rockin:

Also next time I think I might add some irish moss to the end of the boil, but so far i've made hefe's... and i like those cloudy :)

Dycokac said:
My LBS is having a sale next week and I'm going to nab a few carboys so i can 1, do a secondary ferment and 2 make some Aplfelwein for the SWMBO :rockin:

I know where you're going.... :D I will be there too. To bad I need one more carboy before then. I need it now. But I may hold out anyways. :tank:

FSR402 said:
I know where you're going.... :D I will be there too. To bad I need one more carboy before then. I need it now. But I may hold out anyways. :tank:

yup, love that place!

so maybe I better go monday so I know they will still have a carboy or 2 for me... :)

Back