My First Blowout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukebrewer

Brew the brew!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I feel like I'm part of some sort of club now. Obviously no one wants to have a blowout, but now that I've had one, I felt like I had to share my experience. Here's a pic of the blowout and a video of the blowoff tube I installed.

first blowout.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a hot mess alright! Welcome to the club!

Yeah, it was a biatch to clean up and I was freaking out at first. But after remembering all the threads I've looked at concerning blow outs, I felt comfortable enough taking care of it. Sanitized the lid, sanitized the blowoff tube and forced it in the airlock hole. Didn't worry about infection because of the obvious release of CO2.

Rhaop said:
clean up sucks but that should turn out to be a hell of a beer!:mug:

Yeah, I spent about 5 minutes cleaning the lid and another 5 trying to clean out the airlock. I was going to try and reuse it, but once I reinstalled the lid and saw kreusen pouring out of the airlock hole I decided a blow off tube was in order. I hope it turns out as good as I hoped. This is an experimental brew so I am hoping it turns out well.

Latest posts

Back