First batch brewed!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilsons

Reaction score
Hello all,

Been lurking around the forums for a while now reading and gathering info, and just today brewed my first batch! Was a Partial mash kit from beer and wine hobby that came with my brew kit, was labeled as "Basic american red ale". Anyways, all went well with a couple hiccups, i filled up the brew bucket with sanitizer and started putting my tools in, when i dropped the thermometer in it hit the bottom and broke, so that was a bummer. Had a boilover when i dropped the hops in so that was fun, but all in all it was a success! Got it all in the fermenter and went to dinner, came back and now i spy a nice steady bubbling airlock, so beer is beeing made! Was a fun day, now let the waiting begin :mug:

Welcome and congrats on your first brew!:mug: Only a couple of hiccups is a great first brew day. To help control the boil overs during hops addition keep a spray bottle of water handy and blast the foam. One other bit of advice...Start your next one asap!

I stay in Princeton n business form time to time it's some beautiful country, I usually end up fishing for smallies @ the Blue Stone Lake dam in Hinton.

Cheers..

Not bad at all... I made many more mistakes my first brew...

Thanks guys, was alot of fun, now searching for ideas for my second brew, which will be entered in our local oktoberfest home brew competition in a couple months, never to early to start right lol!

Back