Guiness record for the contiuous musical concert

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how was the after party? I turned it off at 5 after Keith and those guys played. That was my favorite set of the whole day! Did you make it there in time to catch it? I was waiting for you to pop your head into the camera. You are quite the famous person over on that chat!

It's Official! It's Official! It's Official! :rockin::rockin:

We did it!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was received last night by Aj Oneil of Aj's Cafe in Ferndale;
Dear Mr. O'Neil. Sorry for the delay. I am pleased to announce that you have set a new Guinness World Records record and a certificate to acknowledge this achievement will be sent to you shortly. Yours sincerely, Guinness World Records

And the first press mention!

Ferndale cafe sets record for longest concert
Jennifer Chambers / The Detroit News
Ferndale -- A little cafe in downtown Ferndale has set a Guinness World Record.

AJ's Music Cafe was notified Wednesday that its 288-hour Assembly Line Concert, held in March to promote awareness of American automakers, set a new Guinness World Record for the longest continuous concert by multiple artists.

A.J. O'Neil, the cafe's owner, organized the event out of his small cafe and lunch spot on Nine Mile Road. O'Neil said today plans are under way for Assembly Line 2 for March 2010, but he is hoping that a larger sponsor can take on the event that drew national media attention and several hundred supporters into Ferndale.

Guinness will mail O'Neil an official certificate and post the record on its Web site.

Awesome! I saw this post updated and thought...Are they doing it again!!!

OOPS! I guess I spoke too soon.

Ferndale café plans 2010 music marathon to top own Guinness record

BY BILL LAITNER
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

The owner of a small Ferndale café —just awarded a Guinness World Record — vowed Wednesday he’d topple the new record next year.

Advertisement

A.J. O’Neil said getting an e-mail confirmation this week from Guinness that the café’s Assembly Line Concert in late March set a record, for “longest continuous concert by multiple artists,” spurred his plan for Assembly Line II, again aimed at promoting Detroit’s Big Three cars.

He’d add an extra day to top this year’s record of 288 hours, and he wants a bigger audience for the second version of the event that in March brought national media coverage and hundreds of supporters to cram the tiny café at 240 W. 9 Mile.

“It’s got to be bigger because the need is there. We have to get more people to sign,” O’Neil said, referring to his I Promise America pledge forms, at the café and on-line at I Promise America - AJ's Music Cafe - Ferndale, MI pledges to support America.. The forms state: “I promise America that, on my honor, when I buy a new vehicle, it will be a Detroit-born, Big Three (Ford, GM or Chrysler) automobile.”

During the record-setting concert, bands were encouraged to perform songs in tribute to domestic cars, and some musicians said they were unemployed auto workers. During the nonstop music-making that ended April 1, the café was draped with banners of the domestic Big Three car brands, several of which hung Thursday as well-wishers stopped to congratulate O’Neil, 46, of Royal Oak.

“It’s exciting that this is finally being recognized as a record,” said Dr. Greg Stone, director of occupational health and safety at Ford Motor Co., a Ferndale resident who’d been an active fan at the café’s music marathon. Stone and Ford business analyst Greg Pawlicka, also a resident and emcee for 50 hours of the Assembly Line concert, shook O’Neil’s hand and pledged to help at Assembly Line II.

Car salesman A.J. Simpson from Fresard Buick-Pontiac-GMC in Ferndale, which lent six cars for display outside the café during the concert, stopped by and said his dealership would pitch in again.

O’Neil said that more than 3,000 people have signed his I Promise America pledge, including several members of Congress. U.S. Rep. Sander Levin, D-Southfield, was among the signers, Levin spokesman Alan Mlynek said Thursday. At the café, O’Neil held one of the forms that bore the signature of U.S. Rep. Gary Peters, D- Bloomfield Township.

But O’Neil said he was unhappy with the federal government’s Cash for Clunkers program, expected to end today, because fewer than half of the cars purchased were built by the Detroit Big Three companies.

“We’re not doing nearly enough as Americans to support our neighbors. Our friends, our families, our neighbors are losing their jobs because we aren’t buying their stuff,” he said.

Guess I need to start resting up.

:ban:

Back