Strike Water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopsalot

Reaction score
Covering strike water with a lid, good/bad? I know wort should not be covered but what about strike water?

It's just water. Worst case scenario is that condensation builds up on the lid, you remove it, the water goes onto the floor. Then you slip, fall and slice your neck open on the ball valve of your MLT.

It's just water. Worst case scenario is that condensation builds up on the lid, you remove it, the water goes onto the floor. Then you slip, fall and slice your neck open on the ball valve of your MLT.

Somebody wanted to make a Vampire ale a few weeks/months back. I'm pretty sure slicing someone's neck open was one of the first steps in the brew session anyway. I can't remember if they were adding the blood to the boil or doing First Wort Blooding, though.

Wasnt it some klingon Blood ale or something? I think I remember him saying him and his friends are having a klingon meeting or something.

This has happened to me at least five times. Twice in one day.

Back