The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arturo7

Reaction score
Last night I bottled a batch of pale and moved a my first batch of amber into secondary.

The good: The taste of the Amber after 12 days in primary was quite good. OG was 1.060, FG was 1.012. Can't wait for this one.

The bad: Forgot to add priming sugar before bottling the pale.

The ugly: In a panic, I poured the newly bottled amber back into the bottling bucket with sugar the re-bottled.

Looks like massive aeration. Curious how it will turn out.

Well, the..

good thing is the beer is ready to drink in about 2 weeks,

bad thing is, I can't think of any...

ugly things get better looking with more beers.

I wouldn't worry about anything. The alcohol content is up there and they'll disappear pretty fast.

Chalk it up as a lesson learned. :D

I have done this once (OK, more than once actually :D ). The best thing to do is keep some Muntons carbonation tablets on hand. If you do forget to prime, you can always add some to the bottles afterwards.

You can do the same thing with plain old table sugar, too, but it is a PITA.

FlyGuy said:
I have done this once (OK, more than once actually :D ). The best thing to do is keep some Muntons carbonation tablets on hand. If you do forget to prime, you can always add some to the bottles afterwards.QUOTE]

I thought about the carbonation tabs, but not until most of the bottles had been poured back into the bucket.

Back