Help me make a beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petrostar

Reaction score
So, I'm bored today, I have 30 lbs of Gambrinus pale 2 row and a couple English ale yeasts plus one oz of cascades. Is there anything I could make with that? Buy some fruit or any additives? Thanks all, this could be interesting.

A little low on the hops and not quite the right variety, but you could make some kind of ordinary bitter. Could make a 2.5 or 3 gallon batch instead so you could have 1/2-3/4 oz. cascade @ 60 and the remaining portion @ 15 or 5 minutes to the end of the boil. You could also experiment with adding another fermentable such as corn sugar, honey, a bit of brown sugar, etc., just depends on how adventurous you'd like to be!

If i was going to go buy something, it would be more hops. Then make a SMASH. 1oz isn't going to get you far, unless you want to to a small batch (1g).

If only you had 4 ounces of roasted barley you could make a 80 schilling. You could probably dark toast some of your malt and pull it off. Or you do a decoction mash and make some kind of a bitter. I would probably only do a 3 gallon batch to try for 35 IBUs

Yeah, could brown some of the malt. I'm trying to be adventurous. It'll be a stovetop mash, so small batch. Thinking 2.5 gallon and will ferment it in my trusty ole mr. Beer keg.

You could brown a pound of malt, throw in a pound of molasses and your cascade and call it good

I just mashed and roasted 10 lbs of pumpkin and then drizzled with white sugar, waiting for it to caramalize. Was gonna add this to my mash water tomorrow with only pale 2 row and some honey. Will roast 1lb of two row also. Like I said, only have an oz of cascades. I think it will be fine for bittering. Just want a light crisp pumpkin-blonde ale. Whatcha think?

It's winter. I'd do wintery things.

Zest a couple of oranges, add some clove, maybe a bit of molasses for added flavor and sugar. The ounce of Cascade will add a touch of hops, but I'd go for other seasonings and try for a more seasonal beer.

If it's good, make it again next winter. If it's bad, well, it'll be gone before Spring!

Back