My first brew question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spittinrivers

Reaction score
When making my mash I'm pretty sure I used half as much water as I was suppose to. My initial gravity was 1.5. After 24 hours it was 1.85. Still don't have any fermentation. Should I add water to my primary to bring it up to 5 gallons or just leave it where it is? Thanks!

4 lbs. Light Dried Male Extract
3 lbs. Extra Light Dried Malt Extract
1 bag Specialty Malt - German Dark Munich Malt
1.25 oz Perle Bittering Pellet Hops - 7.7 Alpha
.5 oz GKK Hallertauer Flavoring Whole Hops - 4.3 Alpha
.5 oz Czech Saaz Flavoring Whole Hops - 2.1 Alpha
1 Whirlflock tablet

I believe I only used .75 gallons of water in the mash instead of the recommended amount of 1.5 gallons. I added this mash to 3 gallons of water in my primary. I have just under 4 gallons total in my primary.

I used Safale US-05 Dry Ale Yeast and pitched at 60 degrees.

Not enough information to help here...

What ingredients and how much went into your 'mash'? 7 and 12 aren't gravity readings I'm familiar with... are those in BRIX?

I'm sorry it was 1.5 now it's 1.85.

4 lbs. Light Dried Male Extract
3 lbs. Extra Light Dried Malt Extract
1 bag Specialty Malt - German Dark Munich Malt
1.25 oz Perle Bittering Pellet Hops - 7.7 Alpha
.5 oz GKK Hallertauer Flavoring Whole Hops - 4.3 Alpha
.5 oz Czech Saaz Flavoring Whole Hops - 2.1 Alpha
1 Whirlflock tablet

I believe I only used .75 gallons of water in the mash instead of the recommended amount of 1.5 gallons. I added this mash to 3 gallons of water in my primary. I have just under 4 gallons total in my primary.

I just added 1 gallon of water to the primary. Now my concern is that the hops and malt were cut short and the beer will be weak.

Latest posts

Back