Thermometers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mezak1gd

Reaction score
I may have a thermometer problem, as my beers have been finishing high. I am just using the crappy analog one that came with my turkey fryer. Can someone give me recommendations on what to use. I'd like digital and cheap.

Thermapens.

ThermoWorks – MTC Mini Handheld Thermocouple

is a very popular model. If you combine it with the right temperature probes like ThermoWorks – Thermocouple Wire Probes., you have almost no worries about water destroying it.

They are very accurate. I really love mine, and there are several others on hbt that use them.

+1 on the Thermapen but with the wrong link. ThermoWorks - Home of the Original Super-Fast Thermapen!. Even though it is $75. It will probably be the last Thermometer you ever buy. It is lightening fast and very accurate. If you buy a few cheapos eventually you will outspend what it would have cost you for a Thermopen. They even have a splashproof version now.

Back