Cream ale brewday today possibly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dismantle360

Reaction score
Guys I am getting ready to test out the new brew kettle (Blichmann 20Gal) and I am worried I dont have enough malt.

Im trying to do a 10 Gal batch let me know if I should hold of if you can tell from my ingredients.

6 lbs light LME
6 lbs wheat LME
3 lbs light DME

I have a pound of corn sugar I could throw in but im worried about cidery flavors.

Let me know.

a pound isn't a big deal....in a 10 gallon batch.

If you use all this stuff, You're looking at an OG of 1.048 and the color will be a tad dark for style at around 7 SRM. What hops do you have? and How do you plan to use them?

2 oz Goldings 60 mins
1 oz Saaz 30 mins
1 os tett 10 mins

I think this is the specialty grain bill
1 1/2 lbs crystal 10
1/2 lb Munich
1/2 lb flaked corn
1/2 lb 6 row for starch conversion

I know the color isn't going to be right that's the downside to extract batches. Yes i know its not going to be clear either.

BTW i went with it more to come soon. Its a bit of the Wunderlust, bit of the brewers best, bit of the caramel cream ale.

Hopefully it turns out.

EDIT: BTW im pitching 5 to 6 gallons with White Labs american ale, and White Labs Cream.

both will get a vanilla bean in secondary.

SG 1.052

not bad for my first double batch now comes the wait to see if its truly not bad for me first double batch.

Fermentation is going lovely.

Pitched two types of yeast

White Labs Cream Ale - Seems a bit more agressive
White Labs American Ale

Niiiice. Sounds like a good beer, regardless of whether it's a cream ale, a blonde, or whatever anybody wants to call it. It's beer, man, and that's all it needs to be.

Hey death primary is pretty much done I was planning on putting the two batches in my basement for secondary (though I'm not concerned with clarity) which stays a pretty steady 63ish.

Think this will be good enough?

what temperature were they at in primary? secondary isn't as much of a concern.

no matter what, i'd leave them in primary another week before transferring....let those yeast clean up after themselves.

Latest posts

Back