Lagering Bottles and Bottling Lagers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdf191

Reaction score
Besides having an opportunity to use a Dr. Suess-like title, I do have a few real questions ;)

I am planning on bottling a small portion of my lager, and kegging/ lagering the rest.

1) Will the beer thats bottled after a 3-4 week primary fermentation lager the same as the kegged version?

2) Do lager beer's yeast have enough kick lest in them to carb bottles after a month in the primary?

3) After bottling would it be better to lager the beer at cold temps, then after the lagering period put the bottles at a warmer temp so yeast can carb bottles?...
.. Or would it be better to warm bottles and carb..then store for lagering (I could see this approach damaging the lager qualities of the beer)?

mdf191 said:
Besides having an opportunity to use a Dr. Suess-like title, I do have a few real questions ;)

I am planning on bottling a small portion of my lager, and kegging/ lagering the rest.

1) Will the beer thats bottled after a 3-4 week primary fermentation lager the same as the kegged version?

2) Do lager beer's yeast have enough kick lest in them to carb bottles after a month in the primary?

3) After bottling would it be better to lager the beer at cold temps, then after the lagering period put the bottles at a warmer temp so yeast can carb bottles?...
.. Or would it be better to warm bottles and carb..then store for lagering (I could see this approach damaging the lager qualities of the beer)?

When I bottled my lager's I brought them up to temp to carb and then Lagered them

Back