What about this Brewery Name?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How's "BattleShip Brewery" for a Name?

• Awesome. Do it.

• I don't like it

• You could do better

Results are only viewable after voting.

ScubaSteve

Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of threads on brewery names. I move relatively frequently, so I can't name it after my area (then move away).

I'm in the Navy, and have always liked the old ships. My brewstand is made out of wood and brass. I like to stay classy.

What about "Battleship Brewery"....? Battleships are frickin' sweet, and the sillhouette would look awesome on a T-Shirt.

There's lots of beer names that could stem from nautical terms:

Portside Porter
Starboard IPA
Reveille Red

Whatch'yall think? Cheesy, or cool?

I like the theme, but there are some cooler nautical terms and Navy jargon that might not sound as cliche.

Aegis, Nimitz, etc
Ironsides (might be trademarked)
Rough Chop
Waterspout
Salt Spray
Main Sail
Shore Leave
R&R

Eh...I'm an AF puke, what do I know about bo-ats?

Yeah...I just threw those out there. I might have to jack some of those names, though!

I saw that right after I replied to Yuri.....Dreadnought IS a kickass name....I might go with it.

BTW, Yuri-

As much as I like the Navy, the AF treats you better.....I might come to the dark side in a few years. But that's neither here nor there...:)

the_bird said:
As long as it's not "Salty Seaman"... :D

HA! LOL....

There's a lot of possible material for names, as well as old-timey pictures for labels, etc. I definitely like the "Dreadnought" name, especially after reading up on it. Gotta love Wikipedia!:mug:

Hey Steve,
You could really get good with some of these themes... the Crusty Chief, XO Ale, Port Hole Porter... you could even start using ship names. But the Brewery name "battleship" kind of falls short if you know what I mean. It's inherently Naval, but lacks the "snappy ring" But then again, you are right. A t-shirt with a silhouette, or broadside with guns projected out at you would be cool.:drunk:

I'm a navy guy too (bubblehead), and while the battleship logo would be cool, the name is too common for all the available navy terms you could use. Dreadnought is definately cooler.

ScubaSteve said:
I'm seeing a lot of threads on brewery names. I move relatively frequently, so I can't name it after my area (then move away).

I'm in the Navy, and have always liked the old ships. My brewstand is made out of wood and brass. I like to stay classy.

What about "Battleship Brewery"....? Battleships are frickin' sweet, and the sillhouette would look awesome on a T-Shirt.

There's lots of beer names that could stem from nautical terms:

Portside Porter
Starboard IPA
Reveille Red

Whatch'yall think? Cheesy, or cool?

Submarine Stout?
Yeah, I know it's not a battleship, but it is nautical

McKBrew said:
I'm a navy guy too (bubblehead), and while the battleship logo would be cool, the name is too common for all the available navy terms you could use. Dreadnought is definately cooler.

Agreed. Sounded kinda generic. Man, the Brits always come up with cooler names for their stuff.....(although sub names, like SeaWolf and Trident are kinda cool).

Think I'm goin' with DREADNOUGHT!!!! :mug:

BTW, my last name is an English one and starts with a "D"....by coincidence....

many great ideas being sent out. I like the themed beers. What about "Battleship Brewing" and use the Dreadnaught as one of the beers? Dreadnaught dunkle

Back