What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6 way IPA.
Really just experimenting but I divided a 6 gallon batch into 4 litre wine jugs.
One gallon each on toasted oak, .25 oz
Toasted cherry, .25 oz
Toasted cherry with bark on, .25oz
Juniper vodka, 4oz
Homemade spruce tips extract, like I do for spruce tip soda, 8 oz
1 gallon left alone for comparison sake.

Test batch with El Dorado hop hash. Golden promise, touch of carastan and 20% oats. Fermenting away with third gen conan

10 gallons of cream ale
5 gallons of American hefeweizen
5 gallons of American wheat ale that will have peaches, apricots and scotch bonnet peppers added in secondary

5 Gallons of Australian Sparkling Ale that I really oughtta bottle already.
5 Gallons of Flanders Red that won't be ready to bottle for another 6 months, minimum.

Eleanor - An IIPA that is named like the car in Gone in 60 Seconds because every time I brew this beer something goes wrong. Massive blowoffs, hops clogging the siphon or the keg out line. Last time I missed my gravity by .02 points. Every time I say that I won't brew this beer again but somehow think next time will be better.

Five gallons of an APA fused with pineapple in the secondary. Tasted horrendous after primary...we'll see how it develops.

Got a Belgian Tripel and Citra IPA in the fermenters at the minute, also 2 gallons of cider :mug:

Just bottled a double batch of Barleywine and 2 cases of a Hop Slam clone

Also need to bottle my first attempts at Merlot and Cabernet this weekend :tank:

Ten gallons of a SMASH Maris Otter and Amarillo pale. Kind of a tribute to Fremont's Summer Ale, which is a 2-Row/Amarillo SMASH. About the same IBU and Gravity wise. With all of the Fremont SA cans in the stores hitting 2+ months old, I need to just make something similar as they are falling off pretty quick.

Five gallons of a pretty basic amber Saison base brewed with my club for Big Brew Day. Made on a 50 gallon system at our of our local homebrew shops. Lots of people went the Saison route with it, but I just chucked some 3522 Belgian Ardennes and let it ride. Not sure what to call it really.

Five gallons of a pretty basic Cascade based American Amber. Just kegged the other half, and its decent. Needs some tweaks, though.

And for the sours:
Five gallons of Golden Sour brewed in January 2016. (Wyeast Lambic Blend, plus a ton of dregs)
Five gallons of Golden Sour brewed in January 2016. (Just TYB Melange)
Five gallons of Kriek, brewed in April 2015. (Wyeast Roeselare plus dregs)
Five gallons of Golden Sour, brewed in March 2015. Wyeast Lambic Blend with Jolly Pumpkin and Logsdon cultures)
Five gallons of "Lambic" brewed in December 2014. (Wyeast Lambic Blend plus dregs, I forget what)

Let us know how that Dark Mild turns out! Brewed one myself recently and I'm loving it.

Will do. I'm almost painfully excited... it's a wonderful style and it's impossible to get here. I expected to have it legged by now, but the yeast is still in suspension and the airlock is bubbling slowly 13 days later! C'mon, yeasties...

I have a batch of Da Yooper's pale ale that needs another week to finish. In 30 minutes there will be a Calimex lager.

This is my 5th consecutive Sunday brewing which is a personal record. Hope to break that record next weekend.

Just brewed a 5 gallon (well, almost 6) batch of Tasty's Janet's Brown ale. First one brewed with the wife, Probably my best brewday ever. Teaching someone seemed to just make everything go smooth. The extra pair of hands didn't hurt.

I have 5.7 gallons of a frankenbeer (My first attempt at altering a recipe as I see fit, a partial mash brew and a Belgian IPA) I almost blew the lid off my fermenter, attached a blow off tube and it is chugging away! :D just as a quick side note, I lost less than an ounce of overflow and now the blowoff tube is functioning as an airlock. :mug:

6 gallon session IPA with mosiac, citra, summit and amarillo.

6 gallon Vienna APA with citra and cascade.

3 gallon WF 12 clone - Will be good around Christmas

5 gallons of Rogue Arrogant Bastard clone (with smoked malt, last test was delicious), 5 gallons Pliny Clone. With what's in the kegerator now I won't have to brew until the end of the month! Although that's sad...

I have the following:

5.5 gallons of Saison ( Wyeast 3726 )
5.5 gallons of brux Red IPA ( WLP644 )
5.5 gallons of Rye IPA ( Omega Hothead Ale )

And 5.5 gallons of Pale Ale ( Omega Hothead Ale )

:)

5 gal of Da Yooper's pale ale but once that's bottled today it will be filled with a saison I am brewing.

And 5 gal of a Calimex lager...

5 gallons of my second Pliny clone attempt. The first one I did back in April was absolutely delicious, went through 5 gallons in less than week. Hit the gravity right on at 1.070 with this one, going to start the dry hop today. Can't wait to get this one in my new (to me at least) 4 keg kegerator! The boss' wife wanted a smaller kegerator for their backyard picnic area so we did a straight across trade, I got a 2 tap fridge with a temperature controller (which I now know how to wire because it wasn't working, so I had to learn to re-wire it), can fit 4 cornies in easily. Best part is I can also fit one of my fermenters in it with 2 kegs so cold crashing & fast chilling will now be a reality instead of a dream!

Heady topper clone, american brown ale,bavarian hefe and belgian golden strong..dry stout and boston lager on deck

~12.5g imperial black ipa
Ctz bitter
8oz centennial and 2 oz ctz throughout the boil
8 oz centennial and 4 oz centennial Hop hash in whirlpool
Will feed if a half a pound of corn sugar a day for a few days to up abv and dry hash with 4 more oz.

Imperial Black ipa. I brewed this one a year ago but it was extract. This one is all grain. Og is 1.104. Used safale 05, it's percolating at 67.

Saison - First attempt. Pils, Vienna, flaked wheat, some oats, a mix of noble hops and a little Cascade. Danstar Belle Saison yeast, 3.5 weeks in the primary. Far and away the prettiest looking beer I've brewed--crystal clear and a vibrant, orange-gold color. I plan to bottle it tonight.

APA - A recipe in progress (aren't they all, though?). 2-Row, some Vienna and a pinch of Simpson's light crystal. Magnum for bittering, mix of Columbus, Mosac and Citra for flavor / aroma. Fermented with US05, 3 weeks in the primary clearing nicely. I should have it bottled Friday or Saturday.

German Pilsner - First crack at a lager. Kind of a Pils / Helles hybrid. Mostly Pilsner malt, a little Vienna malt and a touch of Carapils. Bittered with Magnum, mix of Liberty and Mt. Hood for flavor / aroma. Saflager 34/70, plan to ferment for 2 -3 weeks in primary, bottle carbonate, and then cold condition for at least a month. Fermentation temps were uncontrolled with this one and got WAY out of hand (low to mid 70's!), so it's anyone's guess how it'll turn out. I don't expect it to taste very clean, but it could still be enjoyable. Next time though I'll definitely wait for winter (or until I've got a dedicate fermentation chamber) to brew lager.

Smash pale ale

Otter and Waimea. Not enough Waimea to make it an IPA unfortunately. 3 Oz boil 2 dry. Needs more Aroma. Oh well

Belgian golden strong ale akin to La Chouffe

A big and super dark Russian imperial stout that is currently aging on cacao nibs, cinnamon, vanilla, and chile peppers (ancho,guajillo,and Pasilla) that were all soaked in bourbon prior to addition

Back