Kegging Beer, Equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlphenom

Reaction score
So I've been thinking of spending some money on myself this christmas and building a kegerator for my homebrew. The main problem I have is I don't actually keg my beer yet, so I'll need to get equipment to do that as well. When I was looking at all the equipment it seemed to me like you use the same equipment in a kegerator that you would in a kegging system. Do I need to buy two separate systems? Or can my kegerator setup suffice as my beer kegging station as well?

You don't need any special equipment to keg your beer. If you are using buckets or carboys you can siphon right from them into your keg. I recently upgraded to a stainless conical and I just run a hose from the racking port valve right into the keg and let gravity do the rest. The valve sits slightly higher than the top of the keg (it's on a platform inside my fermentation freezer).

All the equipment you need to buy will be for the keggerator (kegs, Co2 tank and reg, shutoff valve, gas line, beer line, fittings, faucet, etc.)

Awesome, I should be enjoying a frosty mug of my own personal keg beer soon then.

Thanks, and Cheers :mug:

Back