You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... when you come up from the cellar and tell your wife you're worried that your homebrew supply is running low, so she asks you how many bottles you have, and it's 6 cases in bottles plus 25 gallons in carboys.

... when you come up from the cellar and tell your wife you're worried that your homebrew supply is running low, so she asks you how many bottles you have, and it's 6 cases in bottles plus 25 gallons in carboys.

40+ gallons. You have more beer than basement.

When you wake up in the middle of the night and hear the humidifier gurgling and wonder how your fermenting bucket made it up to the bedroom.

When you get the itch to brew so bad that you walk SWMBO through starting a cider fermenting through Skype, so that it has a month head-start when you get home from deployment. Only bad part... she's getting to taste the hydrometer samples, and not me!

Tried to talk her into brewing an all grain batch via Skype... wasn't going to happen...

When you manage to somehow order 6 pounds of hops through a group buy, even if you use 3-8 oz a month.... At least my kegerator has a freezer at the top and won't fill the family freezer,, so the wife won't kill me before I have a chance to use the said hops.

When you have to promise your wife she can buy whatever she wants if she lets you buy a few more kegs because they are on sale.

When you promise your husband that he can have that nice 4k hdr tv for his birthday so you can buy more kegs.....actually it wasn't really necessary but WTH.

When you already *have* a fermenter in the bedroom because the cellar is a few degrees off optimal temperature.

I do this. The master bedroom stays a few degrees warmer or cooler depending on the season. Saves walking to the kitchen where one of the kids, whom I will call the "Flour Fairy", cannot disturb my projects by dropping his hastily concocted food experiments on my fermentor - something that's already happened once.

When you spend most of the day busting your butt to help get the office moved to the new location, but still have the energy to start a brew after 8 hours of hard work. Oh yeah that wort smells DIVINE. And my back is killing me.

When a friend of friend heard you’re a home brewer and he wants you to teach him how to home brew! I’m pretty excited to bring another person into the hobby/obsession!

A really experienced homebrewer would have found a way to use the new freezer as the kegerator.

Just sayin'......:)

Like buy a deep freezer that is 2 inches to big and, while "attempting" to get it to fit,accidentally denting it
on the side so it can't be returned?

Forgot to account for the baseboards...
Guess I'll have to take my beer out the old one.

Like buy a deep freezer that is 2 inches to big and, while "attempting" to get it to fit,accidentally denting it
on the side so it can't be returned?

Forgot to account for the baseboards...
Guess I'll have to take my beer out the old one.

Careful, bra. That only works once :mug:

When you get rear ended, and instead of using the cash from the guy to replace the bumper, you start googling kegging setups.

Follow-up: When you get ahead of yourself planning your kegerator... and it turns out the guy has no cash, so the bumper has to go through insurance...

...But you decide to build the kegerator anyway. :mug:

When you have a >4 hour brewday....and are p*ssed that you are out of empty fermenters to do another one because you now have the rest of the day to do....nothing.

When everyone wants to taste your brew to give it their stamp of approval, but you already know you brew good beer. You only brew award winning recipes. You make it a point not to invite them over, or tell them anything, when you're brewing, etc.

It's mine............ my precious............. precious............ precious. :rockin:

You might be a long-time homebrewer when every time a friend or acquaintance gives up the hobby, they give you all their gear because they don't want to deal with it and they know you'll get it into the hands of people who will put it to use. Oh, and maybe you'll keep a keg and a blickmann beer gun...

Latest posts

Back