Somebody weeded out my Willamette!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanPoch

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This is my first year growing hops and the spot that we had picked turned out to not be as sunny as we thought it was. The Magnums are doing well, but the Willamette was only about 4 inches high. It's healthy, but not getting enough sun. So Sunday I was talking with my neighbor about helping me get rid of a big oak branch that is shading them (he's does tree pruning for a living and the branch if about 20 feet up). He's more than happy to help as he loves the beer I make.

Yesterday when I got home I looked at the hops to make sure we're going to get rid of the right branch. BAM, no Willamette plant at all :confused: totally missing! I mentioned it to my wife, she said she was weeding out there and wonders if she pulled it by mistake!

Now I'm wondering if I should dig up the rhizome and try to let it rest in the basement until next year, or leave it and see if it will grow when the branch is removed.

Any thoughts?

I would leave it and let it grow where it is if that's a good location for you.

beerloaf

Latest posts

Back