Patients Really IS Golden

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephm

Reaction score
On Sunday we brewed using Wyeast, (our first time with Wyeast) the smack pack never really inflated but we used it anyway. Yesterday (Tuesday) morning when I was leaving for work (7:45) I checked it and there was no activity in the airlock and no foam. I know that isn't an accurate measure of activity but we are still new to brewing and it is comforting to see some activity :)

When I got home from work at 5:30 there was 2 or 2.5 inches of foam and I was convinced that hubby had pitched yeast when he came home for lunch. When he got home I asked if he had or not and he hadn't. He said that when he got up at about 9:45am there had been bubbling and about an inch of foam!!!

:ban: :ban: :ban: Just time and yeast doing its thing!! :ban: :ban: :ban:

:mug: I am 99.9% sure Patients is spelled wrong but I can't find the proper spelling......(insert blond joke here)

patience.

Had to do it.

Patients is spelled fine if you're talking about those folks waiting to see the doctor.
Patience is what you exhibit when brewing, or at least what you try to exhibit.

Latest posts

Back