bottling already carbed beer straight from the tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nipsy3

Reaction score
I really hate bottling and have little time for it anymore, so I keg now, but I like to bottle a few to give out and I hate the setup process just to bottle a sixer or two.

I know it can be done by lowering the keg pressure to 2 psi or so to prevent foaming, thus loss of carbonation and potential oxidizing, but does it work well? Will the beer still hold it's carbonation? Will it get oxidized at all? Should I put some type of tube on the tab so the beer runs straight to the bottom of the bottle without splashing, like a I would normally do with bottling. Or is the 2 psi slow enough. I'm probably gonna try it anyways, but was wondering what other's results were.

Thanks.

Yes look for BM's Beer Gun. I think the name of the thread was "We dont need no stinkin beer gun", look for that. Also. If your going off a picnic tap its a little easier then going off a tap tower. I end up losing carbonation in my bottles if I go off the tower, but with growlers the tap works great at low pressure and if the growler is already frozen.

+1 on the BMBG. They will stay carbed until opened. If you follow his process, there should be no fear of oxidation.

Back