What's Brewing This Weekend (1-25/26)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we are up to talking about the March 3rd-4th weekend I will be brewing a California Common and racking a SNPA clone to secondary and trying a recipe from charlie p's book called cherries in the snow. After the lengthy discussion about adding fruit to the brew I want to do an ale with cherries. The cool thing is I work at a bakery and I ordered through the shop a cherry puree through a distributer that is a good quality and should hopefully work out well!

By the way is it a law or something that every homebrewer does a SNPA clone at one point or other? Its just that I see that a lot in these posts since I started reading. :rockin:

Alembic said:
By the way is it a law or something that every homebrewer does a SNPA clone at one point or other? Its just that I see that a lot in these posts since I started reading. :rockin:

Well, I only have 1 secondary and 1 set of bottles so I won't be brewing for the next couple of weeks, but as you can see in my sig next up is a SNPA clone. :p
I guess it's just part of the ritual. And a tasty ritual at that.

After trying Sprecher's Generation Porter, I'm going to try making a 'Generation' Stout this weekend, light chocolate and raspberry flavors.

If you're in the Midwest and you see Sprecher's Generation Porter, it's definately worth a try.

Dude said:
Well, I just racked the LWPA over from this brew session. Good stuff. First time I used Amarillo. ...

I've got some Amarillos in the freezer, waiting to be used. Nice, aren't they?! I had an IPA at Great Dane in Madison, WI the last two weekends in a row. They use a lot of Amarillo in it and it is wonderful. Bitter, but smooth - not harsh. It is appropriately called Texas Speed Bump. I brought a growler of it back home with me, but alas, it is all gone!:(

No brewing for me this weekend. Instead, my girlfriend Kelly is going to try her hand at her very first brew (with me there to assist) at her home. It's an extract with grains version of Yukon Brewing's Arctic Red from BYO!

I might not brew this weekend, and instead start welding up the frame for my brew rig. Just took delivery of my burners, and my sanke keg is going to the welder tomorrow. I bought all the fittings for it today, so I will be able to assemble it this weekend as well. I am hoping to have some base functionality going by the weekend's end.

The main thing I am trying to decide on now is what type of screen.filter/bottom to use in my boiler. I typically like "homemade solutions", so I am looking to fabricate something. I was looking at some of my stainless collinders in the kitchen tonight, and was having 'evil' thoughts..........

If I brew, though, it will probably be YAPA (Yet another Pale Ale), though my LHBS had a nice English Mild on tap last weekend that I wouldn't mind making either...

I'm gonna be poop-faced. My Pale Ale will be 10 days in the bottle as of this Friday. I'm actually going to sample my 2nd bottle tonight.

Right on, Hurricane.

I brewed last weekend (MacTarnahan's Amber clone) and bottled my Weihenstephan clone tonight...still cloudy after 40 days in the secondary! (don't ask) Planning to tour Carolina Brewing Co. with some other board denizens and generally follow Hurricane Floyd's lead.

I'm brewing a version of Sam75's honey wheat. Replaced the Atuhnum hops with Glacier. This one is for SWMBO. I'm thinking about splitting this batch and adding blueberry to half.

I also saved the slurry from the LWPA batch for a honey pale ale recipe I devised. Probably brew that early next week though. Psyched for that one too. In a honey kick right now!

Alembic said:

I'll bet my next paycheck it is the homebrewers' most cloned beer. That and Hoegaarden.

This weekend (March 4th and 5th) I won't be brewing but I will be kegging my ESB and transferring my honey ale to the secondary. I need to free up a fermenter for 06.06.06 to be brewed on the 13th of March.

I didn't know that Hoegaarden was a popular style/(brand?) to home brew.

How would you describe it? Is there an attraction to brewing it besides what I would obviously guess is taste?

Speaking of styles I went out and bought a couple brands of wheat beer - Blue Moon Belgian White and SN wheat. To be honest I never tried a wheat beer before because for whatever reason the sound of a "wheat" beer didn't appeal to me. BUT now that I've tried them now I want to brew them!! They are much fruitier tasting than I expected and lighter as well. They seem like a good summer time beer. Am I correct?

Anyway, THANK YOU Home Brew forum for your influence in making me want to try the wheat style ale. I probably wouldn't have otherwise.

:mug:

Back