sanitizer spill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StallionMang

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was bottling the other night, and I accidentally dumped about half a siphon tube full of Easy Clean sanitizer solution into the bucket with the priming sugar water. I said screw it, and just added the beer, figuring it wouldn't matter too much.

Do you think this will matter? I hear that Easy Clean is similar to products like OxyClean - it essentially converts to hydrogen peroxide when you dissolve it in water. Do you that little bit of solution could have a detrimental impact to the yeast or to the flavor of the beer in general?

Thanks!

Rob

Where do you get that product? I tried Googling it and got nothing. I'm thinking that if it's similar to Oxi-clean it's a)Not a sanitizer but a cleaner and b)nothing I'd want to drink even a little of.

one step no rinse sanitizer is a concentrated form of oxyclean. not sure about the hydrogen peroxide claim. half a siphon tube? prob less than 100ml. if easy clean is just another brand name for no rinse than i wouldn't worry a whole lot.

1) If you drink it you're gong to die.

2) Can I have your equipment if you die?

3) Drink up!

Seriously, a little bit is not horrible. You'll be fine, but if not...can I get your video games?

Back