Qbrew ?'s

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krispy d

Reaction score
not sure if this is the right forum or not but my question is recipe related so... Mods please move at your discression.

does anybody know if there is a way to add adjuncts in qbrew? I have a porter that put a bit of black strap molasses in and that is not an available option i the drop down menu. I'm brand spanking new to qbrew and was just plugging in some of my older recipes to see what it had to say about them. I also am looking for little issues just like this.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

edit to add I am running OS 10.3.9, and QBrew 0.3.5

I use Qbrew, but I'm new to it as well--I've only used honey as an adjunct with Qbrew, which they had in there. Off topic--are you from Westbrook? I went to high school there, the Oxford Academy on the Post Road.

I'm not a qbrew user but I've been meaning to try it out so I downloaded and took a look. Looks like you enter it as a grain using Tools / Database Editor. Flaked rice and flaked corn are in there as grains as well.

Whelk said:
I use Qbrew, but I'm new to it as well--I've only used honey as an adjunct with Qbrew, which they had in there. Off topic--are you from Westbrook? I went to high school there, the Oxford Academy on the Post Road.

I live in Middletown and work in Danbury but my wife is from Old Saybrook and we spend lots of time on the shore line.

Now back on topic. I can't seem to find molasses in Qbrew. Anybody know how to add it?

Yes, you can add ingredients to qbrew. I forget which menu its in but look for edit ingredients or something like that. You could also open the xml file and add them directly.

Back