"New Wave" Brews?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlemingsFinest

Reaction score
I was curious if any you guys had heard of any new interesting/crazy beers out there? It's always cool to see what brewers will come up with for fun. Just a thread for fun.

I guess this is old news, but Brewdogs Nanny State is theorethical 224 IBUs. Is that crazy enough?

I've got 2 bottles of a 218 IBU IPA (according to beerSmith) that I brewed up with a left over gallon of Wort and some random hops I had in the fridge. Forgot to take into account that my 1 gallon of wort would boil down to less than a half gal, they've been bottled for about a month but I'm still too scared to try one :(

Man, I'd think that could eat the enamel off your teeth...send me a bottle and I'll try it. I've got good dental insurance.

It's not crazy or anything but according to the restaurant magazines I get (I'm a Chef) Black IPA is all the rage now.:fro:

I love what Jolly Pumpkin it doing. I used to overtly express my love for those beers, now it seems everyone knows and I can't get my hands on them anymore. :(

I'm going to try to add star berry jolly ranchers to the secondary of my next beer which will be an American wheat. how is that for out there?

I guess this is old news, but Brewdogs Nanny State is theorethical 224 IBUs. Is that crazy enough?

I still have one bottle of this in the cellar. We couldnt get through the other one we opened..

Personally, I'm making a "pumpernickel" rye porter, and I'm on version 2.0 of my Lemongrass beer.

Commercially, Shorts Brewing are the radical bastards that I envy.

Back