80 Quart Stainless Kettle with Lid for $55 plus shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lead is not called out as an ingredient in stainless, usually (I've heard of it added for added maintainability), but the coke burned to make the iron could have lead and that could end up in the stainless steel so it's not completely hair brained.

If you want to take it that far, I'm sure that there's lead in everything around us, though the amounts are probably unmeasurable.

they just sent me a customer appreciation email with a code for 10.00 off any order of $55 or more so i ordered another pot!:rockin: heres the code= WWZ10OFF

they just sent me a customer appreciation email with a code for 10.00 off any order of $55 or more so i ordered another pot!:rockin: heres the code= WWZ10OFF

Hahaha, yea me too, I briefly thought about doubling down and ordering another kettle I don't really need...hahaha

Then I saw this thread...oh no, buyers remorse??? A 96 qt stainless AND a 70 qt stainless for $47 plus $30 shipping, oh my, how low can we go???
BUT, no longer available :(

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/do...l-96-70-qt-stainless-steel-stock-pots-414533/

Oh my! I'm not sure I have the will power to resist a kettle purchase with $10 off to boot. Has anyone installed a weldless bulkhead in one of these yet?

Has anyone installed a weldless bulkhead in one of these yet?

I plan on punching mine tomorrow with a Greenlee Punch set. I'll post back with progress reports.

The 25 gal. seems thicker and is at .9 mm, the 17 gal. is .8mm, this is the range of what the Bayou Classic pots are as well.

http://www.bayouclassiccooking.com/stainless-steel-stockpots--lids.html

pretty good gauge / inch / mm chart linked below...
http://www.kitco.com/jewelry/gauge-inch-mm.html

The B/C 44 qt to 122 qt stainless pots range from .8mm to 1.0 mm and are priced from $109 to $299 plus $5 shipping, some of the B/C pots show welded handles similar to the Roundeye pots as well.

A weldless bulkhead should be no problem, just need to use care drilling as always! Cheers!

Thanks OP, the 20 gallon pot will be a fathers day gift for me. Now I need to research a burner to buy to match it.

Hello I was looking at the site and it say's the 24" pot is 24 qt, and the 30" pot is only 20 qt, Im guessing typo, anyone know what size the 30" pot really is ?

I already have a 15 gal pot, So Im looking for a 8 to 10 gal kettle for heating strike water and for doing my 5 gal batches.

Thanks and Cheers :tank:

They keep calling and bumping out my order, saying the 20 gallon pot is on backorder (still). They have called 3 times now and I'm loosing patience. Probably going to cancel on Monday and go w/Bayou Classic...

Kinda bummed.

If you can, I would sit tight, I think they will deliver....when did you order? The B/C pots are nothing special and likely double the price FWIW.

Hello I was looking at the site and it say's the 24" pot is 24 qt, and the 30" pot is only 20 qt, Im guessing typo, anyone know what size the 30" pot really is ?

I already have a 15 gal pot, So Im looking for a 8 to 10 gal kettle for heating strike water and for doing my 5 gal batches.

Thanks and Cheers :tank:

Never mind, I ordered this one instead since it already comes with a valve and thermometer, 9 gal and only $89.99 with FREE shipping.

http://www.homebrewing.org/2-Weld-SS-9-Gallon-Pot-w-Thermometer-and-Ball-Valve-_p_3860.html

Cheers :mug:

I placed my order on May 24, and they've bumped it out three times now. I've got some amazon gift cards that are burning a hole in my pocket and I think a narrower pot 15.5 gal pot will work better for 5 and 10 gal batches.

just finished installing my weldless valve from bargainfittings.com it was pretty tough to drill but i got it done!

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

Those are great pics! Can anyone comment on the gap shown in the photo between the elbow and the bottom of the kettle? I ask because I intend to do the same thing but can't find info on the recommended spacing for a brew kettle. It could be perfect as shown, but can anyone offer an opinion? Thanks!

Those are great pics! Can anyone comment on the gap shown in the photo between the elbow and the bottom of the kettle? I ask because I intend to do the same thing but can't find info on the recommended spacing for a brew kettle. It could be perfect as shown, but can anyone offer an opinion? Thanks!

i put some painters tape on the kettle so i would have somthing to draw on. Held the elbow where i wanted it to be and traced it with a marker. then drill dead center of the circle.

I just gave in and ordered one of the 25 gallon ones. I am thinking of turning it into my HLT... even though my brew kettle is only 9 gallons.

So, since the 25 gal seems to be on the thicker side, would you guys recommend it as a boil pot?

So, since the 25 gal seems to be on the thicker side, would you guys recommend it as a boil pot?

Depends really on what size batches you are looking to make IMHO. The 18 is a nice size for 10 gallon batches, and while a bit thin at .8mm, I feel it work fine as a boil kettle unless you have nuclear burner! The 25 gal is only a touch thicker at .9mm, but it is noticeable FWIW.

The 25 gal. is a big ass pot, and would probably be inconvenient for smaller batch brewing...10 gal and under.

Hehehe I'm aiming for 10-15 gal batches in the future, and building a brew rig to match! I was eying those Adventures in Homebrewing pots, but these are just sooooo much cheaper!

Maybe I'll get the AiH pots for boil/mash tun, and one of these for HLT. Pretty safe for that. :)

Maybe I'll get the AiH pots for boil/mash tun, and one of these for HLT. Pretty safe for that. :)

Looks like it could be the same pot to me...;)

AIH is $219 shipped, I paid $70.50 inc. shipping.

So a weldless valve and thermometer is 60 bucks, or a 3 piece kit w/ sightglass from BobbyM is about a hundred.

Not sure why you think the AIH pot is a better pot beyond the fittings, valve and thermo?

JMO...good luck whatever you choose!

I thought I had heard that the AiH pots were 18 ga, so a little higher quality :). But I may have heard wrong :p. Also, having welded fittings is a nice little improvement. Icing on the cake more than anything.

If there's no appreciable difference in pot thickness, then these pots deserve a closer look! The price is just too good to pass up!

EDIT: Aslo, AiH custom makes full-bottom mash screens, which is a feature I really want and is going to be a challenge to get on these kettles...

Depends really on what size batches you are looking to make IMHO. The 18 is a nice size for 10 gallon batches, and while a bit thin at .8mm, I feel it work fine as a boil kettle unless you have nuclear burner! The 25 gal is only a touch thicker at .9mm, but it is noticeable FWIW.

The 25 gal. is a big ass pot, and would probably be inconvenient for smaller batch brewing...10 gal and under.

eh, so you think if I plan on doing 5-10 gallon batches I should have stuck with the 17 gallon pot? Damn, maybe I will just have to get another corny keg and start doing 10 gallon batches.

I just got my 25 gallon pot today. It shipped very quickly. This thing is much bigger than I thought, I am really beginning to wish I got the 17gallon pot. Also, the handles don't seem that strong. I have not toyed with it much, but I bet I could knock them off pretty easily with one swing of a hammer. I could feel them budge a bit just by tugging on them lightly..

I'm almost thinking about using this thing as a dog bed, since it is so ****ing big.

ccw--bigger, as in it's just massive and more than you want to have on your burner? Or it's more boil space than you want? Or???

cww,

I will gladly trade you the 18 gallon pot for a 25 gallon pot...shipping will likely kill the deal. Not sure where you are located?

I was going to mess around with it in the next few days, and see how insignificant 5 gallons of water is in it. I might be interested in this trade though, although I was thinking I could easily sell this thing on craigslist.

I'm planning an eherms build in the very near future, and 3 of these pots might be my best bet. I don't feel like spending a grand on 3 pots. I think 10 gallon batches is as big as I would go, so the 18 gallon pot would be my best bet correct? I know that I saw a kal video, and he starts with 20 gallons in his HLT for 10 gallon batches.

The gauge of these pots isn't AS important for eherms, am i right? Since I won't be blasting a flame on the bottom.

The gauge of these pots isn't AS important for eherms, am i right? Since I won't be blasting a flame on the bottom.

The 18 gal. pot is .8mm, same thickness as my B/C 44 quart, lots of folks use that pot with a burner without issue.

Agreed, with an electric system, kettle thickness or tri-clad bottom shouldn't be much of a concern beyond durability.

Did you catch the $10 discount code given earlier in this thread?

I did catch the discount code...thanks!

I actually do have the BC 44 quart kettle that I am currently using for my 5 gallon batches with a turkey fryer burner...no issues.

I can get the 3 80 quart concord pots for 346 shipped, or 3 of these pots for 203 shipped. I'm wondering if the concord pots are worth the extra cash.

Ebay has the Concord 80 qt for $104.50, or $313.50 / 3.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-80-QT-Q...pt=Cookware&hash=item2c6e489130#ht_888wt_1402

I have also "heard" that if you email the seller they may knock off a couple bucks when purchasing more than one. Also, the Roundeye supply pots are a little less shipping to a "business" address if that works for ya...I only paid $65 shipped and that was without the $10 off? and was quoted $63 shipped for the 25 gallon Roundeye pot w/ the $10 off. The 25 gal. Roundewy is a little thicker at .9mm FWIW.

Perhaps try 3 purchases to get $10 off each pot rather than $10 off your total?

.8mm vs 1.0mm w/ what look like better handles/
Best of luck w/ your decision!

Latest posts

Back