• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

*** If you can't/won't ship, please include your location in the title of your post!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetcell

Protruding Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
folks, increase the chances of selling your larger items by indicating IN THE TITLE where the item is located!

example thread titles:
FS: Like-new carboys in Lansing, WI
Trade: Your cornies for my ball-locks (NYC)
Selling various items, Tulsa OK

i, and i suspect many others, aren't going to open every classified ad in hopes that it's within driving distance. i'm always in the market for fermenters, a kegarator/keezer, etc - but few things suck more than finding an ad for something you want only to discover that once again the item is in alaska. result: i've stopped looking here and now only scour Craigslist.

thanks!

I concur. I signed up for Freecycle, like craigslist, except ONLY for FREE items you want or have to give (idea is to reduce amount of useful stuff going to landfill)

And people just WON'T post where the stuff is!

Wouldn't it be easy to post, "Item is in Reed City" or "Item is a few miles west of Cadillac"?

This would help people know whether to even pursue the item, and I suspect it would also reduce the number of callers asking about the item then dropping out due it being so far away. Same applies here.

:rockin:Yeah!! Thanks for posting this. I am down in South Texas and will see something for sale only to find out it's in Washington State. Really a bummer.

Two more suggestions

1. Include the price (it seems quite a few adds leave out this minor detail :D)

2. include pictures. (it may take a few minutes of your time, but why should I buy your used item, when I'm unertain of it's condition?)

(not so much a suggestion, but an observation) This is just my opinion but I think people ask for too much for their used items, especially when you add in shipping.
In general, I would rather buy an item new, than a gently used item at 10% off. It also depends on the item, and the type of wear. Good luck selling 3 year old plastic buckets. Now a barely used Monster Mill 2 - 2.0, OK, a 10% discount (taking into account shipping) may be enough.

I will take the carboys, how much to ship to 68154? ;)

Why don't we just include everything about the item INCLUDING PICTURES! in the title??? Why do you care?

The App doesn't list the location of members, so if they don't state it in the post and you are using your phone/tab then you don't know if you can get it.

edecambra said:
The App doesn't list the location of members, so if they don't state it in the post and you are using your phone/tab then you don't know if you can get it.

Actually not true. If you view the posters profile in the iPhone app it tells you location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back