Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In college we bought alot of Keystone, partially because of the "bottled beer taste in a can", but mostly because 30 packs were less than $15.

Split 3 ways, a deck of cards and chugging (mostly so we did not have to really taste it) and it is no wonder it took me 8 years to finish college.

http://youtu.be/UOsQ2epsI2M

If it had been an AR you would just be a redneck. 😀

Yeah, white people who collect massive arsenals with AR's are rednecks or militiamen or "patriots." Brown people who collect massive arsenals are terrorists or gang bangers. Also, brown people who attack others with weapons were radicalized or otherwise coordinated and organized in their violence by other brown people. White people who attack others with weapons are disturbed and always acting alone. At least, that's what I've learned from the news.

Yeah, white people who collect massive arsenals with AR's are rednecks or militiamen or "patriots." Brown people who collect massive arsenals are terrorists or gang bangers. Also, brown people who attack others with weapons were radicalized or otherwise coordinated and organized in their violence by other brown people. White people who attack others with weapons are disturbed and always acting alone. At least, that's what I've learned from the news.

And in case of confusion, yes, that was sarcasm.

That pretty much sums up the way it's played.

Attachments

• 0911001912a.jpg
    0911001912a.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 476
Saw this today at Red Robin. Wrong but still funny!
View attachment 249409

Haha. Yeah, I hardly think there's a definition of salad out there that describes a salad as an "alcoholic beverage made from plants." ("What? Salads can't be liquid?! Or alcoholic?! Or made from plants other than vegetables?!")

It's even worse than the twisted logic of saying:
"Beer is made from grain. Healthy!
Beer = Bread
(You're Welcome)"

Maybe the "You're welcome" is supposed to be "Because you read this, you can now convince your wife that beer is technically a salad." :ban:

Haha. Yeah, I hardly think there's a definition of salad out there that describes a salad as an "alcoholic beverage made from plants." ("What? Salads can't be liquid?! Or alcoholic?! Or made from plants other than vegetables?!")

It's even worse than the twisted logic of saying:
"Beer is made from grain. Healthy!
Beer = Bread
(You're Welcome)"

Maybe the "You're welcome" is supposed to be "Because you read this, you can now convince your wife that beer is technically a salad." :ban:

beer is salad bread. and it's more healthy than regular salad or bread on its' own. especially since you don't have to waste all that precious energy chewing it. what if robot ninja zombies attack while you're having a nice big salad and fresh baked bread? you'd be killed, that's what! you be too tired from all that chewing to fight them off. now what if vampire unicorn squids were to rise up against the people while you were having 8 or 12 Russian Imperial Stouts? you'd be killed. ain't no one can stand up against that. but at least you'd have had great beer instead of a crappy salad!

beer is salad bread. and it's more healthy than regular salad or bread on its' own. especially since you don't have to waste all that precious energy chewing it. what if robot ninja zombies attack while you're having a nice big salad and fresh baked bread? you'd be killed, that's what! you be too tired from all that chewing to fight them off. now what if vampire unicorn squids were to rise up against the people while you were having 8 or 12 Russian Imperial Stouts? you'd be killed. ain't no one can stand up against that. but at least you'd have had great beer instead of a crappy salad!

Amen! Nuf said!

it depends on how hoppy you like your IPAs.

I always thought that Billy Klubb was always busy punching berries, so much so that he didn't have time to make videos every day. Now I see he is into health food which means I know that he wastes a lot of time reading stupid labels that never warn you about things like beaver anus because that is labeled as "natural flavor". You need to get off the health food kick and get back to making me some more videos! Plus with that picture you are encouraging vegetarians to steal our precious hops to make stupid things like this http://www.logoi.com/vegetarian/hop.salad.html
And in turn reducing the amount of hops available for the brewing of beer. You could be kicked out of the Fundamentalist Church of Beer for such an offensive action!

See what I did there!

Nice pic, seems like you always have just the right picture! :D

Robot Ninja Zombies

Vampire Unicorn Squids

There's two band names right there............for FREE!!

So I decided to pick up a six pack at a random convenience store because they actually happened to have New Belgium...hadn't tried their trippel previously, so grabbed that one. If you haven't seen this one recently, it has a new labeling:

http://www.newbelgium.com/images/beerfeature/trippel_l.png

As I'm waiting to check out, the guy behind me in line (and forgive me for generalizing, but from appearances is probably a busch light drinker) says... "Hey, does that beer taste like chicken?!"

There was definitely a "ha, look at this ****** buying fancy beer" in his tone of voice...I think he, at least, thought that he was funny...

So I decided to pick up a six pack at a random convenience store because they actually happened to have New Belgium...hadn't tried their trippel previously, so grabbed that one. If you haven't seen this one recently, it has a new labeling:

As I'm waiting to check out, the guy behind me in line (and forgive me for generalizing, but from appearances is probably a busch light drinker) says... "Hey, does that beer taste like chicken?!"

There was definitely a "ha, look at this ****** buying fancy beer" in his tone of voice...I think he, at least, thought that he was funny...

Well, does it? Don't keep us in suspense, I need to find something to give my salad some protein.

I saw that one at Giant Eagle & was wondering about the taste. I like their other offerings so far? Thirsty Dog of Akron's Cerberus triple was good. And as for the underlying discussion, you don't want your friends tossin' your salad! :drunk::D

Well, does it? Don't keep us in suspense, I need to find something to give my salad some protein.

Why yes, it does! ...no wait, it tastes like beer...

If you had said "yes" or "it actually tastes like beer" you probably would have gotten the same reaction.

Clearly, I need to learn to think more quickly on my feet for witty replies!

Last night:

My three year old was in my office while I was writing out checks. He opened the beer fridge and just stared into it.

I turned around and ask him what he was doing and he said: "I just wanted to look at the beer Daddy."

He is off to a great start! Then we talked about the sour culture on top of the fridge for several minutes. Brewer in training for sure.

I always thought that Billy Klubb was always busy punching berries, so much so that he didn't have time to make videos every day. Now I see he is into health food which means I know that he wastes a lot of time reading stupid labels that never warn you about things like beaver anus because that is labeled as "natural flavor". You need to get off the health food kick and get back to making me some more videos! Plus with that picture you are encouraging vegetarians to steal our precious hops to make stupid things like this http://www.logoi.com/vegetarian/hop.salad.html

And in turn reducing the amount of hops available for the brewing of beer. You could be kicked out of the Fundamentalist Church of Beer for such an offensive action!

See what I did there!

Nice pic, seems like you always have just the right picture! :D

Wtf! They boil young hope for a salad? Ever heard of Brussels sprouts people. Use those, and leave our hops alone!

Those are some good looking roosters. Why are they on a beer package?

Those are some good looking roosters. Why are they on a beer package?

It would seem they are trying to weave a common thread in their marketing: bizarre.

On a side note, while their Lips of Faith series seems to be really hit and miss, I appreciate that at least they are trying.

I finally got a "moment"!

We bought a new vehicle on Saturday so, on Sunday, we drove up to a brewery I've wanted to visit for awhile. It's a bout an hour and a half away in the mountains.

I got a flight of beers and was working my way through them when a group of women came in. The oldest looking one, with blonde hair from a cheap bottle, announced that her favorite beer is Coors Lite and did they have anything like that?.

Laura, my wife, is not a beer drinker, but, she's learned an awful lot by osmosis. She smiled at me and rolled her eyes.

I was blown away by the bar keep, a young woman, who responded, "It's the end of the season and we're out of anything like that. Try our IPA."

Incidentally, the IPA was an out of balance attempt with dark roasted grains adding to the bitterness and astringency. It was not a good example at all, in my opinion.

Last night:

My three year old was in my office while I was writing out checks. He opened the beer fridge and just stared into it.

I turned around and ask him what he was doing and he said: "I just wanted to look at the beer Daddy."

He is off to a great start! Then we talked about the sour culture on top of the fridge for several minutes. Brewer in training for sure.

My son hates the smell of hops. He also dislikes the smell of brew day. He says he wants to be a surgeon. I'm praying he goes straight to expensive bourbon. Otherwise I have failed.

So... what do I look like?

Yeah, I know, I know...I said I hate to generalize...

The vibe I got off the guy was "aging frat boy still holding on to the past despite not being nearly the big man on campus anymore" His tone of voice and the goofy statement just nailed the lid down....

Right on the money... impressive. :D

Yeah, I know, I know...I said I hate to generalize...

The vibe I got off the guy was "aging frat boy still holding on to the past despite not being nearly the big man on campus anymore" His tone of voice and the goofy statement just nailed the lid down....

And he saw "beer snob that spends too much on fancy beer and I can mess with him." But he hates to generalize, so it's all good.

And he saw "beer snob that spends too much on fancy beer and I can mess with him." But he hates to generalize, so it's all good.

Touche... One of the things I love about this forum is that folks will call you out...

However, I'm more of the "beer nerd that spends too much money on brewing fancy beer and doing 'research' on commercial brews that I haven't tried" kind of guy.

And I didn't open my mouth to him about the Busch Light on his shopping list...:D

Those aren't chickens, they're cocks.

This isn't quite "funniest things you've overheard," in case anyone remembers that's what this is supposed to be, but...

A few years ago I went to a local Oktoberfest, and they were serving an authentic German beer that was warm and just awful. I took the mission (drank the beer) -- what the hell else was I going to do -- but I really didn't know what I would do when I found him. (Sorry, got off track there.) Anyway, this scary-looking guy with dreads sits across from us at our table, and he has a plate of pigs feet and this awful beer, and he decides he just cannot choke this crap down. But before he leaves, we talk a bit, share a few laughs, and he whips out a CD of his band, called "Drunk in the Garage." Turns out he is the lead singer. On the way home, we play it, expecting it to suck, and it is actually quite good (rock). Every song is a drinking song, and most are hilarious. I never followed up on this band, but that guy made my night. I hope he's had a few and is belting one out in his garage right now.

Anyone hear of them?

This the guy you can buy his cd for 9 on Amazon
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1421723512.666634.jpg

Brother in law: really, the only difference in light beer and dark beer is that light beer is filterd.
Me: uhh. no... it doesnt really work like that.
my Wife: you cant just pour a can of Guinness through a brita and get bud light.

Back