Quick question about after bottling.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmart

Reaction score
Well, how long should I let the beer sit in their bottles? I bottled my brew (first brew, too) on the 26th of August, and it's been a while now (gave lots of time to ferment too). What exactly is conditioning the bottles? Cold-storage?
Or if I have been letting them sit in my basement for about 4ish weeks, are they ready to drink? Should I just put them in my fridge?

Drink on brother, drink on:mug:

Most info I've read is minimum 3 weeks in the bottles, so you're exercising more restraint than most given it's your first batch. If it's a higher gravity beer or a stout/porter it may need more time.

It depends on the temperature you're storing them at. If it's 70 degrees or more, they should be ready. Put one in the fridge for 24-48 hours, then try it. It should be fine!

If it's cooler in your basement, it might or might not be ready. Still, try one and find out!

My first batch was a Red Ale, and my basement is a nice, even 70-72 degrees. I think the alcohol percentage is supposed to be 3.7%, roughly, I'll put a few in my fridge methinks :D

Back