Easiest way to remove labels?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlebu

Reaction score
So I have a mish mosh of pop top bottles from my father-in-law. What's the easiest way to remove the labels? Some of them are glued on pretty good. Just try and peel and wash with soapy water? Can I use goo-gone or something similiar? I assume I wouldn't want to get that stuff inside the bottle though.

buy beers that the labels come off easy.....a good one? Black Butte porter....A better one? Warsteiner Dunkel, they fall right off with hot water.......

I used to be pretty anal about getting the labels off. I have since quit worrying about it all together. I sanitise my bottles in the dishwasher...after a few batches it will take care of any labels. Cheap, easy, stress free, lazy way of doing it.

Bi carb soda and soak. Labels will just fall off. Too easy and much cheaper than using your brew cleaners.

Soak in oxy clean for an hour or two, they will fall right off.

OxyClean works great for me too. Just give them a soak. Then use a scrub pad to clean up any residual glue. Most labels just fall off.

I just removed labels from 50 bottles the other night. I used oxiclean in my untility sink. I soaked the bottles overnight, so the next evening when I went to remove the lables, most of the lables were floating in the water. :) All I had to do was rinse the residual glue off of the bottles. Total time spend: about 25 minutes.

I have about another 8 cases of bottles that need the lables removed. I'll use the same process.

Oxiclean works great, but most of the time just leaving them doak in water for a couple of hours will get most labels off.

Back