White Labs Saison I

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone used this yeast?

The description on the yeast reads:
White Labs Belgian Saison I: Classic Saison yeast from Wallonia. It produces earthy, peppery and spicy notes. Slightly sweet. With high gravity Saisons, brewers may wish to dry the beer with an alternative yeast added after 75% fermentation.

I will be brewing up that Saison that I posted about earlier. I’m shooting for an OG of 1.072 and a FG of about 1.015

The reason I’m asking is that I am hoping to reuse the yeast from the Saison and I am trying to decide what kind of beer to make afterwards. I’m leaning towards a Belgian type beer figuring the yeast would work well in that type of beer.

But if I have to add more yeast to dry the Saison out, will that screw up my chances of reusing the yeast for the next batch?

You could transfer brew 1 to secondary and add the second yeast there while pitching your second brew on the yeast cake in the primary.

Execllent idea!

Thats why I post these questions.

I swear it was right there in front of me the whole time.:mug:

Back