Fire Jim Zorn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
Yes, one game in, and that's what needs to happen. The Redskins need to get rid of him. I've seen some poor coaching before, but nothing of this magnitude. We've got a plethora of great athletes on this team, and he's not utilizing any of them as they should be. You've got Cooley, one of the best run/catch TE's in the league, blocking one of the best defensive backs in the league. Jesus, just put one of your fatass o-lineman up there to block, and let Cooley get some touches. He had all of 1 catch on Thursday...and that was not because he dropped them, it was because they weren't throwing to him.

And we've got an amazing receiving squad led by Randle El and Moss, but how many touches did they see all night? 1 or 2 each?

I mean, by the second half, my buddy and I were able to predict 75% of their play correctly. First down: run up the middle. Second down: run up the middle. Third down: short pass. Fourth down: punt. And if a couple laymen watching on teevee at home can get it right 75% of the time, how much do you think the Giants d-coord was getting it right?

Meanwhile, you have Zorn shoving his west coast offense down the throats of an offense that's not designed for it. WCO needs a quick-release QB, and Campbell ain't that. Even on the plays that were supposed to be quick-release slants, you see Campbell triple-pumping. He's a great passed, with pinpoint accuracy, but he's a goddamned POCKET passer!

And don't get me started on clock management. Here we are, 2:30 left in the game and we're 2 possessions down. We just need to get into field goal range, so what does he do? Run up the middle. Run up the middle. AGH!!!! We should be in hurry-up mode, but when you look at Campbell between plays, he's waiting for the playcall from Zorn. Dude, you're down by 2 scores and there's a couple minutes left. You need to have those plays already down there.

Usually I'd just say "he needs time to get into his role", but f*ck that. This is beyond repair.

The hell with that. The deadskins will be a couple of scrimmage games for the Cowboys this year. :rockin:

Anything to cause D. Snyder pain is worth it.:mug:

Well first of all I hate coach firings. It ****s of a team but sometimes it needs to be done. It may be that Cooley was in more of a blocking role but maybe there were plays and he wasnt open. I didnt watch the game so I dont know but he was probably picking up slack on play he was an intentional receiver.
But like I said didnt watch the game and I dont know much about the Skins O line

Well first of all I hate coach firings. It ****s of a team but sometimes it needs to be done. It may be that Cooley was in more of a blocking role but maybe there were plays and he wasnt open. I didnt watch the game so I dont know but he was probably picking up slack on play he was an intentional receiver.
But like I said didnt watch the game and I dont know much about the Skins O line

The defense saved the score from being embarrassing. As for cooley, that mf'er always has a way of getting open...but when you're shoving it down the middle one 2 out of every 3 plays, it's kind of hard for him to get touches. And yeah, there are plenty of other people to pick up blocking slack on the o-line that don't have the hands and the feet of Chris Cooley.

Honestly, I've been watching the skins all my life and I haven't seen a more frustrating game. I'm willing to give him one more week. If it looks the same next week, then, well, get your torches and pitchforks, boys...

The defense saved the score from being embarrassing. As for cooley, that mf'er always has a way of getting open...but when you're shoving it down the middle one 2 out of every 3 plays, it's kind of hard for him to get touches. And yeah, there are plenty of other people to pick up blocking slack on the o-line that don't have the hands and the feet of Chris Cooley.

Honestly, I've been watching the skins all my life and I haven't seen a more frustrating game. I'm willing to give him one more week. If it looks the same next week, then, well, get your torches and pitchforks, boys...
Im always in for an angry mob!:rockin:

Eh, he's a new coach. I expected there to be some growing pains. I thought that the main problems with the 'Skins was the line play. It was bad on both sides of the ball. It's true that the clock management and play calling was horrible at the end of the game, but I do not think Zorn should be fired just yet.

The secondary dropped three ints if we get two of those, the outcome in this game could have been very different.

On the Gnats opening drive, their running back punched a skin in the face after the whistle, in front of the ref, no call. A personal foul there effectively ends their only TD drive. I also thought that the interference call in the end zone on this drive could have gone either way and therefore should be a non call.

The ball that Moss caught on his back, against is butt, was wrongly blown down by contact, a sure TD that was taken by the refs.

These things did not cost us the game but it sure did not help our cause.
The QB needs to put in some serious work and the lines need to improve. The first quarter was horrible but in the end, we were playing the Super Bowl champs, in their house, while they were riding high on emotion.
I say keep Zorn. Unless the Saints embarrass us this weekend. Then its let the door hit you where the dog should have bit you. :D

Eh, he's a new coach. I expected there to be some growing pains. I thought that the main problems with the 'Skins was the line play. It was bad on both sides of the ball. It's true that the clock management and play calling was horrible at the end of the game, but I do not think Zorn should be fired just yet.

The secondary dropped three ints if we get two of those, the outcome in this game could have been very different.

On the Gnats opening drive, their running back punched a skin in the face after the whistle, in front of the ref, no call. A personal foul there effectively ends their only TD drive. I also thought that the interference call in the end zone on this drive could have gone either way and therefore should be a non call.

The ball that Moss caught on his back, against is butt, was wrongly blown down by contact, a sure TD that was taken by the refs.

These things did not cost us the game but it sure did not help our cause.
The QB needs to put in some serious work and the lines need to improve. The first quarter was horrible but in the end, we were playing the Super Bowl champs, in their house, while they were riding high on emotion.
I say keep Zorn. Unless the Saints embarrass us this weekend. Then its let the door hit you where the dog should have bit you. :D

All very good points. Those dropped INT's were bad, but the one they did get resulted in what? That's right, the ol' run, run, pass, punt special. Yeah, that call where moss caught it but they "tackled" him before the ball got there and not after, was a terrible sight. That should have been a f*ckin TD. And yes, that punch to the face was bad as well.

Still, even if all those things had gone differently and we actually won the game because of a few mistakes and int's, it wouldn't change the fact that offensive playcalling and clock management was awful, and that falls squarely on Zorn. Like I said, I too am willing to give him one more week before we break out the pitchforks and torches, but that's it. If I see that same "run, run, pass, punt" garbage this weekend, all bets are off. Zorn had better run and hide.

I'm all for run, run, pass, as long as said pass is beyond the first down marker. I was pretty pissed to see 3rd and 6 and Jason throws to the guy that ran the three yard route. Also, WTF is up with ARE doing a little jig every time he gets the ball? It's like hey look, I caught the ball....Hammertime!!!

I'm all for run, run, pass, as long as said pass is beyond the first down marker. I was pretty pissed to see 3rd and 6 and Jason throws to the guy that ran the three yard route. Also, WTF is up with ARE doing a little jig every time he gets the ball? It's like hey look, I caught the ball....Hammertime!!!

Yeah, but it's more like "run up the middle for 1 yard, run up the middle for no gain, pass for 5 yards, punt". Without fail. Mix it up a little bit. They did it almost every set of downs!

Dunno about ARE. Maybe he thinks he's Michael Irvin, the all-time king of celebrating after every catch. That mf'er would dance a jig after a 1 yard gain! *********.

Forget the coach, you need to fire the owner, and quick.

This is the obvious solution, but when's the last time the guy who gets to fire people got fired...?:(

My theory is that Snyder is actually an inside man for Dallass, and that this has all been an extended double-agent assignment to bring down the organization from the inside.

I mean, how else do you explain sh*t like, um, Steve Spurrier? It's a conspiracy, plain and simple. And I blame Dallass. Well-played, boys, well-played.

This is the obvious solution, but when's the last time the guy who gets to fire people got fired...?:(

My theory is that Snyder is actually an inside man for Dallass, and that this has all been an extended double-agent assignment to bring down the organization from the inside.

I mean, how else do you explain sh*t like, um, Steve Spurrier? It's a conspiracy, plain and simple. And I blame Dallass. Well-played, boys, well-played.

Hmmm, perhaps a love child of Jerry Jones?

Oh dear god...my head is about in implode in 3....2....1....BOOOOOOM!

The Giants are just that good. Don't fault your coach/owner...:D:p

You wish. That lack of beer is screwing your brain up. If the Giants had been any good last week, the score would have been 85-3. The way the skins played, and to walk out of there with a 9-point victory? I was actually flabbergasted at how poorly they played. It's just that the skins were even worse. If the corners didn't have stumps for hands, Eli would have had 5 INT's instead of one.

Please. Beating the pathetic Redskins squad that walked onto that field by a mere 9 points would worry the hell out of me if I were a Giants fan.

You wish. That lack of beer is screwing your brain up. If the Giants had been any good last week, the score would have been 85-3. The way the skins played, and to walk out of there with a 9-point victory? I was actually flabbergasted at how poorly they played. It's just that the skins were even worse. If the corners didn't have stumps for hands, Eli would have had 5 INT's instead of one.

Please. Beating the pathetic Redskins squad that walked onto that field by a mere 9 points would worry the hell out of me if I were a Giants fan.

You know, that's a really good way to put it...the Giants were playing normal, and we did play like ****

You wish. That lack of beer is screwing your brain up.

Haha :mug:

The Giants definitely should have capitalized, but a win is a win. The Patriots have proved many times that winning by 3 or by 30 means the same thing come January...

Haha :mug:

The Giants definitely should have capitalized, but a win is a win. The Patriots have proved many times that winning by 3 or by 30 means the same thing come January...

I never denied that fact, I was just addressing your claim about how great the Giants were. Let's just be clear: the Giants didn't win that game, the Skins lost it. My point is that their performance should worry you going into the rest of the season if you're hoping for the playoffs.

I never denied that fact, I was just addressing your claim about how great the Giants were. Let's just be clear: the Giants didn't win that game, the Skins lost it. My point is that their performance should worry you going into the rest of the season if you're hoping for the playoffs.

Well unfortunately the Giants won't really be tested until 11/02. I hope by then they've been granted enough wins by their opponents to be warmed up...:D

yeah, they pulled some games out of their ass. I just wouldn't count on it happening twice.

Nor would I (hoped the Pats fan). Until then, you go with what works, especially Tom Coughlin, who single-handedly defines boring football. The Giants use the old 3-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust theory in their passing game, except on the occasions Plaxico "Giraffe Neck" Burress catches the ball.

Doesn't change the fact that he has the longest neck in recorded human history.:)

Not even close. There was a dude that played in the 49'ers secondary in the late 90's who made Burress' neck look normal.

I can't remember his name though. Great, now that's going to consume the rest of my evening until I remember his name!

I blame you for this, Evan. :D

Not even close. There was a dude that played in the 49'ers secondary in the late 90's who made Burress' nexk look normal.

I can't remember his name though. Great, now that's going to consume the rest of my evening until I rememeer his name!

I know, I suck.

I can't wait till some wideout starts wearing those crazy neck-stretching rings that african tribes use...

Not even close. There was a dude that played in the 49'ers secondary in the late 90's who made Burress' nexk look normal.

I can't remember his name though. Great, now that's going to consume the rest of my evening until I rememeer his name!

Wouldn't be Merton Hanks would it?
hanks.jpg

Dang, I was just about to post Merton. I still say Plax's is longer. Made worse by that tiny helmet he wears. Looks like a telephone pole with a hat.

:off:On a side note, I have it from good sources that if Evan ever has a son he's going to name him Merton Spurrier Obama-Zorn.

Back