Anyone use Kenmore 13.7cf upright for keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdanprice

Reaction score
First, a moment of silence for my recently deceased chest keezer....

Now, moving on and up. I'm interested in upgrading to an upright freezer, and found this on sale. The size is right (about 17"x23" interior floor space) but I'm concerned about the "low temperature alarm." Since this thing will never be below freezing, I'm assuming it will always be going off. I can't find a product manual online, so has anyone used this for a keezer? Is it difficult to silence that alarm? What about replacing the temperature control in the door?

It would be cheaper to buy a refrigerator...the reason being you would need to replace the temp controls...here is a great deal from lowes: http://www.lowes.com/pd_171409-2251..._prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_quantity_sold|1

The benefit of going with a top freezer refrigerator, is that you can store mugs and hops in the freezer portion and store kegs and yeast (if you re-use) in the refrigerator.
I have both a refrigerator and keezer conversion, but couldnt live without my refrigerator and frosty mugs!

Latest posts

Back