The Wednesday 3/23/11 What's for Dinner? Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Both of my boys are home, on spring break, they worked on a Habitat for Humanity project today. Its kind of grey and a little cold out, more winter than spring. So thought an old fashioned chicken dinner sounded good.

Baked Chicken with Rosemary, Garlic and Thyme
Roasted Salted Beets
Egg Noodles with Butter
Lettuce Salad
Brownies

What's for dinner in your home?

Those Roasted Salted Beets sound good. I started vacation today so no eating at home. Instead, Beer Cheese Soup and a sampler tray of 13 beers over at Flossmore Station.

Made a frozen Pasty for myself. When the wife got home I made Scrambled Eggs and Raisin toast. Scrambled eggs are a good comfort food for her. Busy day at work lately.

My oldest daughter is on a vegan-like diet for Lent, and my youngest has been sick, so I have no idea what they scrounged for themselves.

I'm gonna have to get good at making Pasties. I might try them with more different veggies though, kind of like a pocket pot pie, and not a true pasty.

Tonight is probably either left over pulled pork, or baked and breaded chicken drumsticks with either noodles or mashed taters.

Mondays and Wednesdays are soccer practice for my daughter so we need quick meals. That usually means a crockpot dinner (had meatballs in the crockpot on Monday.) Last night we had tortellini soup (or as my daughter calls it belly button soup.) Easy recipe: chicken stock, garlic, italian seasonings and a package of fresh tortellini.

This was a couple nights ago.

5565846657_ab1bfa35ba_z.jpg

Back