Bottling/Priming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarlokJoel

Reaction score
I bottled my first batch Sunday, everything went really good. I did the sugar boil for 5 mins and everything and added that to the bottom of the bottling bucket and racked the beer on top.

Now the question, i have read in a few posts on here about *gently* stiring the beer. wich i DIDN'T. do i have a better chance of NOT getting a good carb in some of the bottles or not?

im asking so that my next brew (Robust porter in primary), will get a better carb if i *gently* stir!

thanx guys, you rock!

Joel

i dont rightly know. i always pour the sugar mixture into my priming bucket then transfer the beer on top of it with a hose and its mixes as the fermenter empties out.

I asked this question a few months back. I made the same mistake and everyone told me to RDWHAHB... and they were right.. I had good carbonation in all my beers..

I have read and successfully mixed by racking the beer onto the sugar syrup without stirring. Usually I try to give it a few swirls with the racking cane after the transfer is complete.

I pour half of the priming solution in the bottom of my bottling bucket, then rack on to that, when I reach the half way mark I add the remaining solution....But like others have said just pouring and racking on top does fine....what's MORE IMPORTANT, is waiting a minimum of 3 weeks at 70 degrees before opening them.

Read this while you relax.....http://blogs.homebrewtalk.com/Revvy/Of_Patience_and_Bottle_Conditioning/

Back