bench capper and corker?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunfighter04

Reaction score
Looking to buy a bench capper, but I do a couple of batches of wine for the wife during the year. Does anyone make a combo capper/corker or is there no such animal? I keg most of the time, but I bottle a few out of my batches to take to friends.

I just bought a colonna capper/corker and did both for the first time using it on Saturday. I had corked a few Belgian bottles (cork and cage) using instructions in another thread, and capped the rest. I did some regular 12 oz bottles and some 750 ml champagne-style bottles (with the larger, 29mm caps). no problems switching it around with the different bells (both 26 and 29 mm bells are included as well as the corking attachment). my only complaint is that the capper attachment leaves a circle indent in the caps. I'm going to see if I can put a thin gasket inside the bell to prevent this...

so far, really love the Colonna!

Back