Bees in my bonnet!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
While visiting the country place (aka retirement home) last week, I discovered a swarm of bees had taken up residence in my old Weber. On the plus side, I haven't used it much since I got Bertha and it's down in the pole barn 200 yards from the house. Called a bee keeper, but he only does swarms, not hive moving.

Very glad I moved the lawn mower into the garage a couple months ago. Maybe this winter I can haul the Weber up the hill and leave it.

Close the vents & put it in the sun, leave it there far a few days. High heat & no water will kill 'em.
Regards, GF.

Its too bad you are so far away, I would come over and grab them for you.

While visiting the country place (aka retirement home) last week, I discovered a swarm of bees had taken up residence in my old Weber. On the plus side, I haven't used it much since I got Bertha and it's down in the pole barn 200 yards from the house. Called a bee keeper, but he only does swarms, not hive moving.

Very glad I moved the lawn mower into the garage a couple months ago. Maybe this winter I can haul the Weber up the hill and leave it.

Put it in a shady place to keep the sun off it...

and

STOP! wearing womens clothing when brewing... Unless you are a female and you really like bonnets....

Put it in a shady place to keep the sun off it...

and

STOP! wearing womens clothing when brewing... Unless you are a female and you really like bonnets....

As a New Yorker and a liberal I am forced to disagree. The OP's choice of headgear, gender-specific or otherwise, is his own. His choice in such a matter, as it has no measurable adverse effects on the public, should be protected and respected.
Wait... are we suggesting he TOUCH a grill that has stinging insects in it?? :fro:

Already in a shady place, the pole barn. It's about as sheltered as it gets without sharing the house out.

Considering the amount of old charcoal and sausage drippings in the Webber, any honey obtained would be 'interesting'.

As a New Yorker and a liberal I am forced to disagree. The OP's choice of headgear, gender-specific or otherwise, is his own. His choice in such a matter, as it has no measurable adverse effects on the public, should be protected and respected.
Wait... are we suggesting he TOUCH a grill that has stinging insects in it?? :fro:

Me thinks I see the problem: I am a (sort-a) North Carolinian (really an Army Brat) and a conservative. I support his right to wear bonnets and brew however he want too... but I also get to think it is a bit "weird"... I mean… real men don’t wear bonnets, whine about the weather, are nasty to people they disagree with, are not bullies, don’t lie cheat or steal, and have no problem with “taking out a bad guy” when needed… (oh and are not Liberal HA!!!!!!) Happy Brewing….

Me thinks I see the problem: I am a (sort-a) North Carolinian (really an Army Brat) and a conservative. I support his right to wear bonnets and brew however he want too... but I also get to think it is a bit "weird"... I mean… real men don’t wear bonnets, whine about the weather, are nasty to people they disagree with, are not bullies, don’t lie cheat or steal, and have no problem with “taking out a bad guy” when needed… (oh and are not Liberal HA!!!!!!) Happy Brewing….

Harumpf! hehe :mug:

david_42 said:
Already in a shady place, the pole barn. It's about as sheltered as it gets without sharing the house out.

Considering the amount of old charcoal and sausage drippings in the Webber, any honey obtained would be 'interesting'.

Oooh! It might very well be interesting. What kinds of flowers are they pulling from?

Mostly blackberries, but my neighbor has 40 acres of oilseed flax this year and I know the bees are having a fine time.

Latest posts

Back