Questions about kegging setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefe21

Reaction score
Couple questions for you guys:

1) Concerning splitting my CO2 line... The CO2 regulator I have is this style: http://www.simgo.com/images/6-1033.gif

When I purchased it from the dealer I told him I needed to supply 2 kegs, so he also shipped a T-barb

I can't seem to figure out how I am going to connect one to the other to split the output... The barb is 1/4. And the CO2 out is also 1/4. It looks like the only way to split this is with a small piece of hose? Although I could be missing something obvious as this is all new to me.

2) The tower I got came with hoses that were built to connect to normal kegs. I ordered disconnects to switch this. How do I go about doing this? Do I just cut off the original set up and put the hose onto the disconnect? How do I secure this on there?

As always, I appreciate the help.

Are the disconnects barbed? If so, push the beer line on and secure with a small hose clamp.

Run a single line inside the fridge or keezer and hookup the splitter inside, then run to each keg.

Or if you keep the Co2 in the fridge, you can just attach a 2" piece right off the end of the regulator, and go from there.

Yes, you just cut a small piece off on of the co2 lines, and put the splitter tight to the regulator.

Awesome thanks. When I set the regulator (say, to 24). Does that amount basically just get split equally between the two kegs?

Guess that makes force carbing pretty tricky. Looks like I'll play the patience game.

Awesome thanks. When I set the regulator (say, to 24). Does that amount basically just get split equally between the two kegs?

Guess that makes force carbing pretty tricky. Looks like I'll play the patience game.

Yes in theory.:) Do yourself and your beer a favor and use the set it and forget method. Use the chart in my sig and find the correct psi for your beer, and leave it until the keg kicks. It requires some patience, but it is worth it.:mug:

I can't wait to taste it. Mmmm...

Should I be concerned about a gas leak when I am using one of the kegs? If so, what's the best way to reduce the risk...

I can't wait to taste it. Mmmm...

Should I be concerned about a gas leak when I am using one of the kegs? If so, what's the best way to reduce the risk...

Just tighten all connections with hose clamps, and check with some soapy water. Star san works great if you have it. The main concern is at the regulator/bottle connection, sometimes they are a pain to tighten and will leak. the co2 lines, not so much. Make sure you have the small disc installed, some regulators have a built in rubber o-ring to seal it.

Yes in theory.:) Do yourself and your beer a favor and use the set it and forget method. Use the chart in my sig and find the correct psi for your beer, and leave it until the keg kicks. It requires some patience, but it is worth it.:mug:

If the situation would ever present itself where I need to carb quickly, would it be possible to remove the co2 line from one keg thats already while I force carb another at 30psi?

If the situation would ever present itself where I need to carb quickly, would it be possible to remove the co2 line from one keg thats already while I force carb another at 30psi?

You bet.

To be clear, if you set the regulator at 24 PSI, EACH KEG sees 24 PSI. It doesn't get "split"...if you set it at 15 psi, each keg sees 15 psi.

Back