Just picked up a ton of cheap brewing gear/ ingredients with pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TommyTbar

Reaction score
So just scored a bunch of stuff from my LHBS that just closed down, I worked there for two years and it was sad to see it go. But on the brighter side of things I was able to pick up a bunch of stuff really cheap.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407019381.121027.jpg

Grains include
50lbs two row
15lbs golden promise
5lbs Munich
5 lbs Vienna
5 lbs white wheat
5 lbs rye
5 lbs caramunich
3lbs rice hulls
2lbs flaked barley
2lbs choc
2lbs pale choc
2 lbs black malt
2lbs roasted barley
2lbs acid malt
2lbs 60l
1 lbs brown malt
1lbs English crystal 150l
1lbs honey malt
Grain total cost $100

30+ ounces of hops American, English, NZ, and AUS varieties
only $20

Our work mash tun with a blichmann three piece ball valve and blichmann thermometer and SS false bottom

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407019950.985220.jpg

Cost $75

And a fairly new barley crusher with 15lb hopper on a box stand I built for $100

Really disappointing to see my awesome shop go but now I have too much stuff to know what to do with, at least my boss was cool enough to let the employees grab stuff at great prices because of how much we loved working there.

Just thought I would share of my version of hitting the lottery :)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Nice, sad but nice. Glad you were taken care of. Now what to brew? Looks like just about anything you have the yeast for.

Yeah kinda bittersweet, right? I have no idea really were to start, fall and winter are on the way I have some oatmeal laying around so maybe a stout or rye ipa, or now might be a good time to do some SMASH style beers, any suggestions would be awesome

A NZ IPA would be great. My Maori IPA came out really good. And I agree on a stout...even a porter for fall & winter. ESB's & brown ales as well would be within reach with all that great stuff you got there.

Epic haul, my man! You've got some awesome equipment and ingredients to make phenomenal brews. Kinda jealous actually... I never seem to find deals like this.

A NZ IPA would be great. My Maori IPA came out really good. And I agree on a stout...even a porter for fall & winter. ESB's & brown ales as well would be within reach with all that great stuff you got there.

Still haven't brewed an esb so that's on the list, I am gunna go ahead with an oatmeal stout and let it age out till the fall, just moved into a new place, need to get my kegerator back up and running and I'll be in business

I'll probably brew this again
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=6026214

My NZ India pale lager, came out really well, have been wanting to post the full recipe under the recipe tab for a while now

I've got an ESB that I've been drinking on for a few weeks now, among others, like a saison, irish red & a pm dampfbier. Got a watermelon hefeweizen in one fermenter yesterday afternoon. Debating on what to fill the second primary with? You'll like a well-balanced ESB though. They can be strangely addictive?...

Back