The First Sack!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mt_rob

Reaction score
I just couldn't stop myself from posting this...I've been brewing 3 years now, 25 batches, a year of all grain. Finally took the plunge and bought that first 55 lb sack of malt. Can't help but think of all the tasty bitters, ESB's, stouts and APA's that are resting in that bag.

I'm a pint-a-day drinker, so this will carry me for many months.

Many thanks to this forum for deepening my knowledge and easing my fears.

image-1017367747.jpg

Did you pick that up locally, or have it shipped? I'd like to find a good deal on a sack AND on shipping (No LHBS). It seems those two things do not go hand-in-hand.

Did you pick that up locally, or have it shipped? I'd like to find a good deal on a sack AND on shipping (No LHBS). It seems those two things do not go hand-in-hand.

See if there is a local buy in your area. We have one here in Syracuse and order in bulk from the maltster. I can get 55 lb sacks of 2 row for like $30 shipped.

See if there is a local buy in your area. We have one here in Syracuse and order in bulk from the maltster. I can get 55 lb sacks of 2 row for like $30 shipped.

Man, if I still lived in Rochester I would be all over this!

Congrats. I have made several Maris Otter brews. I like the malt a lot.

I have been brewing for a year and a half and about 3/4 of that all grain. I have polished off one sack and I am well into 2 others. 34 batches so far. # in fermentation right now. Though one of them could have been bottled 2 weeks ago.

Well it's not a sack of grain, but I did buy my first pound bag of hops tonight. Mmmmm Centennial!

Latest posts

Back