Are you dressing up for Halloween?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you dressing up for Halloween?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided/Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

STAD

Reaction score
I'm just curious how many people actually dress up for Halloween. I for one, love the holiday. If you are dressing up, please tell us what you plan on wearing.

I'm thinking I'm going to dress up as Billy Mays (the guy from EVERY infomercial). Thoughts?

If you consider me just wearing my old college paintball jersey and pants dressing up in a costume. Its the easiest, cheapest, most comfortable thing for me when i have to go out for halloween

Normally I would. I've got some great costumes. My Cowardly Lion has balls, big ones, three of them. But, I'll be serving at a Fresh Hop fest that day & OLCC has no sense of humor. Too far out in the boonies for TorT in the evening.

Hell yes. We have at least one party to attend every year (this year two), so we have good reason. I don't think I'd dress up if we didn't go to the parties though...

SWMBO: Evil Dr Horrible, after taking over the world, in the evil red lab coat.
Me: Washed-up Captain Hammer, after no longer being a hero, with a pair of hobo gloves.

For a Brother's Grimm party, SWMBO is dressing up as Sexy Red Riding Hood, and I'm dressing up as an Evil Queen.

Yes, that kind of queen.

myjoker.jpg

yes.... yes i am XD

I normally don't dress up but this year my 6 yo daughter is a cell phone. I may put on my work coat and my glasses and go as the Verizon Wireless network/can you hear me now guy.

My wife wanted us to go as Peter Pan and Tinkerbell.

But she couldn't find a Peter Pan costume in her size.

I was going to be a tarted-up beer wench, but some nut-sacker in my apartment complex stole my package with the costume in it! :mad:

My backup will either be french maid (yawn) or Willy Wonka (the Gene Wilder one, not the child-molestery Johnny Depp one)

For a Brother's Grimm party, SWMBO is dressing up as Sexy Red Riding Hood, and I'm dressing up as an Evil Queen.
Pls for pictures. I think I speak for all of us. :p

I was going to be a tarted-up beer wench, but some nut-sacker in my apartment complex stole my package with the costume in it!
Aww! WTF! Maybe we should take up a collection?? ;) (jk, i know it's nearly too late for shipping.)

or Willy Wonka (the Gene Wilder one, not the child-molestery Johnny Depp one)
Good call. It's hard to get the cops to let you go on Halloween night when you're dressed like child-molester Johnny Depp Wonka. They find you much less funny, and much more suspicious.

I was thinking about going as The Dude, but I could probably do Walter a lot better. Unfortunately if I do Walter, I'd need someone with me to be The Dude. I think Walter would be a bit obscure on his own.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, go watch The Big Lebowski

I went as the "Bear F*cker" from Super Troopers one year. I think that was my high point, it's been down hill ever since.

We went out one year with SWMBO as a naughty schoolgirl and me as the wicked headmaster. I can tell you, that paddle got PLENTY of action about the drinks were flowing for a few hours.

Is Billy Mays popular enough to be funny? Does anyone know who this is?
BillyMays.jpg

A couple of years ago I was Matthew Lesko for Halloween. Remember this guy?
photo.matthew_lesko.gif

I wanted to stay with the Infomercial Theme, haha.

I have a pretty sweet "Cheeseburger in Paradise" costume but won't be able to wear it as I'll be flying on halloween night.

Is Billy Mays popular enough to be funny? Does anyone know who this is?
BillyMays.jpg

A couple of years ago I was Matthew Lesko for Halloween. Remember this guy?
photo.matthew_lesko.gif

I wanted to stay with the Infomercial Theme, haha.

I think billy mayes would be awesome!! You'll should carry around an "Awesome Auger"

I think billy mayes would be awesome!! You'll should carry around an "Awesome Auger"

The Awesome Auger is one of the more expensive products, I was thinking more along the lines of Oxy-Clean or Miracle putty. Maybe if I'm feeling real crazy, some Zorbees?

The Awesome Auger is one of the more expensive products, I was thinking more along the lines of Oxy-Clean or Miracle putty. Maybe if I'm feeling real crazy, some Zorbees?

Good point - and the auger could get pretty dangerous after a few beverages. I'd go with the miracle putty - you could have some fun with that at a party.

Good point - and the auger could get pretty dangerous after a few beverages. I'd go with the miracle putty - you could have some fun with that at a party.

Haha, there is a site online somewhere that rates all the products sold on TV. As you can imagine, mostly everything is complete crap. Even the Shamwow! I know... It's disappointing.

Yeah good trachten don't really qualify as a costume... you need to wear them pretty regularly to make the cost worth it. Its the same with kilts or any other high quality piece of clothing. I wear mine more than a lot of the regular clothes I wear so I don't feel bad about spending the dough.

Due to limited time to do up a costume, I'm thinking abotu going as a heavy metal guitar player. I already have several guitars and a actual "Midnight Snack" concert T. Ok, it's our band, and it's really only a couple of guys who never actually played anything for real, but the T looks pretty sweet, and totally fits the Heavy Metal image, so it works.

Plus, I got an optic fibre head bangers wig to go with it. \m/

I need costume advice. My wife and I just had our first child and without going into the explanation, the kid WILL be in a little lobster outfit. We'd like to match or do something complementary to the lobster but can't figure out what. I thought maybe I could go as a fisherman and SWMBO as a mermaid? You don't really fish for lobster though. Actually I just had a thought... what if we both went in chef outfits and I carried the lobster baby around in a big pot?!

I need costume advice. My wife and I just had our first child and without going into the explanation, the kid WILL be in a little lobster outfit. We'd like to match or do something complementary to the lobster but can't figure out what. I thought maybe I could go as a fisherman and SWMBO as a mermaid? You don't really fish for lobster though. Actually I just had a thought... what if we both went in chef outfits and I carried the lobster baby around in a big pot?!

Go as Popeye and Olive Oil. Is that not relevant enough?

Guess I'm late to the party... already been done.

Won't stop me from doing it though! Unless you guys come up with something better...

baby-lobster.jpg

I won't be dressing up, but I guess at HWMBO's work, they give you something if you dress up. I imagine that he'll be wearing either his karting suit w/ helmet or a gilly suit that he did up for paintball.

HWMBO... Haha, still cracks me up.. I wish it worked that way...

I was going to be a tarted-up beer wench, but some nut-sacker in my apartment complex stole my package with the costume in it! :mad:

My backup will either be french maid (yawn) or Willy Wonka (the Gene Wilder one, not the child-molestery Johnny Depp one)

I actually orderede a plus size tarted up beer wench costume myself... I have 3 halloween parites to go to and I am supposed to dress up for work, needless to say the tarted up beer wench is not work appropriate...

Back