First Pint of Draft!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ic3scrap3r

Reaction score
I bought a used Avanti BD6000 Kegerator recently. The brewer had gotten a DUI and was selling out. He threw in two fermentation buckets, two bottling buckets, auto siphon, bottle capper, two month old kits from Midwest, and a brew kettle. The kegerator included two cornies, an external Johnson Controls Thermostat, and a Micromatic CO2 regulator, and CO2 tank. I had the Sanke connector on it, but the guy gave me two picnic taps and a C02 line for the cornies.The two cornies had a Wheat and an American Pilsner in them.

I bought the Sanke Tap to Homebrew Conversion Kit, with disconnects from Keg Connection (http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=152) and fixed it so I can swap out between homebrew and Sanke easily.

I did have to completely tear down the faucet and scrub it out since he wasn't using it for his homebrew, but all is good now! I just got my conversion kit installed and drew off a glass of Wheat. I didn't brew it, but that isn't stopping me from enjoying the first glass of draft out of my new Kegerator!

I can't wait to get MY first brews into the cornies and skip the whole bottling process!

its a shame the guy decided to sell out ..

congrats on the kegerator ..

we've had the keezer for about 6 months now and i still get giddy most every time i pull a pint!!

Back