Important Milestone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beutinbrew

Reaction score
I just broke my first hydrometer.

Talking to roomie. Sleeve caught on hydrometer flask.

Hydrometer went flying.

Glass everywhere.

That's a merit badge, I believe.

Congrats. I still haven't broken one, or had an infection, or had an airlock explosion. I guess I'm badgeless :D

SWMBO broke my first hydrometer, I broke my first racking cane. There will be casualties, but it's all worth it!

Soulive said:
Congrats. I still haven't broken one, or had an infection, or had an airlock explosion. I guess I'm badgeless :D

Can I join your "Men without Badges" club?

Soulive said:

and REALLY asking for it!!! How about all three on the same batch:rockin:

slightly :off: , but this thread made me think of skydiving...

in skydiving culture, any time a milestone is achieved (1st jump, 1st solo jump, 1st time pulling your reserve, etc) - the tradition is to buy beer for the drop zone.

at the place i used to jump, this WAS an enforced rule. you bought the beer for everyone every time you hit a milestone... (with a $20 max, and of course you couldn't open the beer until the airplane was tied down for the night...)

what would the homebrewer equivalent be? what should we do for milestones?

buy beer?

brew more beer?

:drunk:

back to the topic, bummer about the hydrometer...

Back