kegerator, built it or buy it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malt20

Reaction score
I have two 5 gallon sanke kegs and a 20# co2 tank.
I was wondering if it would be cheaper to build a 2 tap kegerator or if i should just buy one and sell off the co2 tank and get a smaller one....
Been doin some research on it and cant figure out what i should do, just wanted some input or ideas from some people who have dealt with this situation or something like it.
thanks

I just build a keezer and half of the cost was the CO2 regulator and the tank. I got the fridgidaire 5 cf freezer at Best Buy for $219. Then you just need the Johnson thermostat regulator for $50 and you're there. I just went with picnic taps for now because I wanted to get up and running and wasn't sure if I wanted to drill into a new freezer just yet so you might have to figure in the cost of the tower etc... if you want to go all out. I looked for keezers/kegerators on here and craigslist and used ones were ~$500. I put mine together with completely brand new parts for just under $500. That included a brand new dual regulator.

Back