too quick of a fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S_carve

Reaction score
just brewed a batch of irish red ale and used wyeast 1084 irish ale yeast, i brewed sunday afternoon and it bubbling by monday morning continued till tuesday morning then has stopped bubbling, i have pressure in the fermenter but no bubbles out of the airlock

so i cracked open the bucket and i have a krausen line about 2-3 inches above the beer but it has all settled back down, could the fermentation be done that quick?

The primary, vigorous, fermentation usually lasts only a few days, but that doesn't mean your beer is done. After the yeast converts all the simple sugars they start working on the more complex sugars and clean up after themselves.

I would suspect that the bulk of you fermentation is done, probably 80% to FG.

Congrats, you have beer. Take a hydrometer reading Friday, if it looks good rack to secondary.

this is th quickest i have ever had a batch stop, its only my 7th batch so far but all the others stopped at least 3 days in

i just tried a lager also and am having the complete opposite result, no start will be adding a new thread for this

It very well could be done that quick. I have bottled a lower gravity AG ale in as little as 5 days.

Just be sure to take a gravity reading :rockin:

My ferments have run from 36 hours to 6 months (or so), but 2-5 days is nominal. That's why I use a hydrometer, FG doesn't lie.

Back