Brewed a 10gal batch yesterday...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sKafifer

Reaction score
Yesterday we brewed up a 10gallon batch of Cascadian Black Ale that we titled "Wounded Octopus IPA"...My 5 year old daughter wrote "octopus ipa" on a piece of paper that my wife found and showed me, so we pretty much HAD to make a beer out of that...we went with falconer's flight 7 c's (hence, the wounded octopus part, he's missing an arm...) and will be dry hopping in the keg...

LHBS converted a partial mash to an extract recipe for us...

Few hiccups along the way but it was a good time and I can't wait to taste it...we had excess wort that wouldn't fit into our two fermenting buckets so i tasted it...loved the hop profile and it was still nice and sweet, the yeast is going to love it!

here's our tasting menu for the evening as well...

From left to right: Sunup Brewery (Phx local) Trooper IPA, Bridgeport Brewing Ebenezer Ale, Kona Brewing Company Pipline Porter, Big Sky Powder Hound Winter Ale, Bridgeport Brewing Cafe Negro, Oak Creek Brewing Amber Ale (Sedona Brewery), Oak Creek Brewing Nut Brown (Sedona Brewery)
...we also snuck in some New Belgium 1554 and tried our Irish Red but it needs a little longer before it's ready...
also, i got to take this bad boy for a spin! easy to make (once i found where everything was at Lowes) and worked like a charm! no more buying water for every brew!

Nice! I like how you have that plumbed. Im assuming you just have a hose then you can just set the filter on any pot you want?

I have the same filter, but it is mounted above my brew area with a long pex tubing output. There has been more than a few times where the water pressure causes the pex to blow away from the kettle, spraying the whole garage with water.

Back