Bachelor Party Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
Just found out that I'm going to be standing up in the wedding of one of my best friends.

This means one thing: B-party!

Don't know if it'll be an out-of-towner, but assuming it's in town (since the wedding is in about 3.5 months), I should probably start on some beer.

Any ideas? This is a good-beer crowd, so I want something that'll be drinkable for a long night without weighing us down. IPA? Cream Ale? Not yet ready for a lager yet (equipment wise) but I'm working on it.

I say just go for a solid pale ale, session style. IPAs are great, but can they hold up as well as a regular pale for all night drinking?

It's hard to beat a British Bitter for a session ale that most people will like, IMHO. I just did Dude's Pub Ale it it fits the bill very nicely. (The recipe is linked in his .sig).

I'm not Best Man, so I'm not responsible for strippers (although I'm 95% sure there will be some sort of stripper outting.)

Most likely, we'll head down to Peoria, IL which is the best B-party city in the area.

Brewpastor said:
I have been to Peoria and if that is as good as it gets, well, I will just stay home!

Two world-class strip clubs with full nudity, contact, and a full bar.
Last call at 4:00am.
Cheap prices on all drinks.
About 10-15 bars practically on top of each other.
Live music.
PLUS, the college where me, the groom and another groomsman all met.
Which houses the frat where the groom belonged.
Which means we can go to a frat party while we're there, or an off-campus party.

Well do an IPA and a Cream Ale

B-Parties are about getting drunk and seeing boobies bouncing around.

Cheesefood said:
Live music.
Which means we can go to a frat party while we're there, or an off-campus party.

Does he need a minister?!

belgian wit!

Cheap and eay to make, easy to drink, relatively low BAC so you can pound them all night long!!

I think an IPA is a great idea as well, but there will be a lot of people that won't enjoy the aroma or bitterness.

Ok, why is it BP is the only guy on here making the lewd comments about strippers ammonia, and tuna, and there relationship to one another?

I expect more out of all of you!!!!

Good work brewpastor!:mug:

As for the beer, i would make a double IPA like the one listed in a recent BYO. Easy drinking, light, nice hop flavor, and strong enough to get everyone tipsy.

sirsloop said:
belgian wit!

Cheap and eay to make, easy to drink, relatively low BAC so you can pound them all night long!!

With all due respect, I think that's almost the worst possible answer to this question!

Wits are quirky beers--some people love 'em, but a lot of people don't. I think something more workaday is definitely in order for this occaision.

You could make something like my Bent Rod Rye. It was only 4.5%, but had five smallish hop additions and three dry hops, which makes for a great nose.

6 lb 2-row
1.5 lbs Flacked rye
8 oz. Wheat Malt
12 oz. Munich
6 oz. Dextrine Malt
1 oz. Black Patent

1 oz. Columbus @60
1/2 Willamette @ 30
0.25 oz. Chinook @ 30
0.5 oz. EKG @ 15
0.5 oz. Fuggle @ 5

Dry hop 1/2 oz. each Cascades, EKG, Fuggles

Double IPA? My God, son, everyone will be passed out on the floor before you even hit the clubs.

Session beer - pale ale, bitter, whatever you like. I would assume that at least some of the party members won't be into more esotetic brewtypes, and really, B-parties are about titties and getting wasted, not necessarily having the best beer possible.

In fact, dare I say - tittie bars are on of those occassions on which BMC is a perfectly acceptable alternative. Remember, the more homebrew you drink - the less beer you are drinking in the tittie bar.

Well, if this thread is really about beer ideas, then I say make someting that will end the night. You will have to drink light crap all night and can't take the good beer with you, so make something for after you get back to the frat house. IIPA, Imperial Stout, something like that.

Tricky one - needs to be around 4.5% I would have thought to be a session beer.

Where is the bride from - brownie points could be gained here by brewing a beer local to her birthplace? ...never too early for the groom to bank up a few BPs (brownie points).

If it is going to be a big session, consider how easily it can be cleaned out of the carpet / curtains / strippers shoes...

the_bird said:
Double IPA? My God, son, everyone will be passed out on the floor before you even hit the clubs.

Session beer - pale ale, bitter, whatever you like. I would assume that at least some of the party members won't be into more esotetic brewtypes, and really, B-parties are about titties and getting wasted, not necessarily having the best beer possible.

In fact, dare I say - tittie bars are on of those occassions on which BMC is a perfectly acceptable alternative. Remember, the more homebrew you drink - the less beer you are drinking in the tittie bar.

I'm working on the assumption that there might be a private stripper party, you know, the old "double-barrelled double-dong-chainsaw-lesbian-show". If so, we'll need plenty on hand, and in that case i'll be the savior.

If the party calls for a night out, then I'm not bringing anything along except a pocket full of singles, a dime bag and maybe a half-gram. I'll drink cheap Miller Lite all night so I don't get drunk until the end of the night.

dibby33 said:
...and where are the candles and pingpong balls?

.....aarrrrggghhh, flashbacks!!!
(or should that be fleshbacks :D)

If I were bestman, there'd be a donkey, a midget, and a sexy police officer to bust us for viewing interspecies midget erotica. But it's not my call.

Cheesefood said:
If I were bestman, there'd be a donkey, a midget, and a sexy police officer to bust us for viewing interspecies midget erotica. But it's not my call.

Phew. The bestman can always be swayed.

...you could always arrange a 'fringe' event ;)

Actually to be totally honest. Im not sure I would even bother to provide the beer on one of "those" nights. Like you said, drink Miller Lite all night. Cheap, easy drinking and who cares.

Save the homebrew for the Wedding reception

My buddy and I each brewed a keg of ESB for my bachelor party many moons ago and it went over pretty well in terms of the task at hand, which was getting a crowd of guys loaded. it is the only time in my brweing career we tapped a keg of homebrew, settled in and drank it until it was gone in a single effort (and then drank the other one). I should really endeavor to do it more often!

Chimone said:
Actually to be totally honest. Im not sure I would even bother to provide the beer on one of "those" nights. Like you said, drink Miller Lite all night. Cheap, easy drinking and who cares.

Save the homebrew for the Wedding reception
That's what I'm talkin about!;)

Cheesefood said:
Live music.

Yea, but is there gunfire in the parking lot at the end of the night? Not a real strip club without some drive-by's :eek:.

Cheesefood said:

A police officer?! Man you are sick. :cross:

Brewpastor said:
A police officer?! Man you are sick. :cross:

I had a police woman stipper for one of my stag nights (one in scotland and the other in Tasmania! :D)

Found out that night that I did not like getting whipped. Very pleased about that :rockin:

Had welts on my thighs for days afterwards. ...try explaining that to the gf.

dibby33 said:
I had a police woman stipper for one of my stag nights (one in scotland and the other in Tasmania! :D)

Found out that night that I did not like getting whipped. Very pleased about that :rockin:

Had welts on my thighs for days afterwards. ...try explaining that to the gf.

Well, as interesting as all this is, let's get back to beer! :cross:
I love IPA's now, but I'm not sure it's a sessions beer. I've got Walker's IPA still in primary, and it's going to be good! But how about something a bit similar, but more drinkable in quantity- an American or English pale ale. Still have hops aroma and flavor, but a little lighter for people who don't like IPAs. That would please the good beer lovers, but not be too intense for those who like lighter beers. Or, like David_42 said, the Bent rod rye. That would be a good sessions beer, with a good mouthfeel. Lots of flavor, but not intense.

I have a feeling I'm not going to be invited to this shebang, but that's what I would do!

Lorena

Who let the chick with the "I keep my clothes on" attitude into the party?

:)

I think the idea of cheap beer is the way to go. Cheap women, cheap beer, low morals. Sounds good to me.

Cheesefood said:
If the party calls for a night out, then I'm not bringing anything along except a pocket full of singles, a dime bag and maybe a half-gram. I'll drink cheap Miller Lite all night so I don't get drunk until the end of the night.
Remember when "Dime Bag" actually meant $10? Ahhh...mammaries...uhh...memories.

If you're going to be supplying all the beer, I would stick with a session Pale Ale. Anything with too high an IBU will put some people off if they have to drink more than a few. You can save a small supply of the "killer beer" for the end of the night when you just want to top off the groom to be and ensure he's good & twisted.

Hopfan said:
Remember when "Dime Bag" actually meant $10? Ahhh...mammaries...uhh...memories.

"I remember when a dimebag used to cost a dime. You know how much condoms cost back then?...Shoo, I don't know...we never used 'em."

-Willie Nelson, Half Baked.

Cheesefood said:
Who let the chick with the "I keep my clothes on" attitude into the party?

:)
Well, let me see, hockey player who's been off the ice for a while so probably just dying to hip check someone back to the 70's... I say she's on the list.:D

Hopfan said:
Well, let me see, hockey player who's been off the ice for a while so probably just dying to hip check someone back to the 70's... I say she's on the list.:D

Nice to see you're all paying attention around here. Wow- everything I say comes back to haunt me.

Hopfan said:

Then she'd enjoy taking in a Rivermen game in Peoria before any of the aforementioned festivities. :rockin:

Regardless, a Pale Ale might be the thing, but if it seems like you might be downtown more than at a private shindig, then do a 5-er of Pale Ale or a 5-er of a Cream Ale. Yer itching to keg right? If the private festivities seem to be more along the lines than being out paying for BMC, do BOTH. This will give you a good mix and both will be light enuf so it's not a knockout in just a couple of hours.

Now, a knockout depends on how quality the "what used to be called a dimebag" is... :rockin:

Ize

Back