Just tried my first homemade beer..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cytosol

Reaction score
So it has been about 6 weeks since a nieve young man decided to take on the world by brewing his own beer.. The odds against him, he pushed forth in search of his destiny..

I purchased a beer-in-a-bag kit by Barons Beer, threw the ingredients together, and hoped for the best. I followed the instructions as best I could with little to no knowledge of how to actually brew beer..

Today is about 6 weeks later and my beers have been carbonating contently in my closet. Being the Friday before a long weekend, I decided to start things out right with trying one of my beers.

I chilled a nice beer glass, and left one of my beers picked at random in my fridge overnight.. Nice and cool..

I opened the bottle, a nice hiss and bubbles rising to the top.. Poured slowly..

First sip: Wow, it actually tastes like beer...
Second sip: Hey, this really isn't bad!
Third sip: Well, I can still see, so this is a good sign!
Fourth sip: MAN this is awesome! I can't beleive I made this!

I am EXTREMELY impressed with how good this beer is. I would rank it up there with some of the better beers on the market, and it has such a great sort of fruity / sweet flavor a little like Strongbow (one of my favorites). I am kicking myself for not having done this earlier in my life.. This beer is 1/2 the cost of some of the crappiest beer you can buy in the store, and tastes 10 times better. Just GREAT! :)

Welcome to the obsession.

You should really wait until your fifth or sixth batch before getting carried away with yourself.

(smiley face here)

Congrats!

I am at the 6 week point with my first batch myself, and am really pleased with how my first batch is shaping up (it's been kegged for about 2 weeks now and keeps getting better)

Congatulations............aint it great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement! I actually have a new cream ale brewing in my carboy as we speak.. One more week and it should be ready to bottle.. It appears that I will be making more beer faster than I can drink the old ones. I am not complaining! This is great!

Back