Hello from Chicagoland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewenstein

Reaction score
Hello to all. I am new to this forum and new to brewing. Just made a porter yesterday :ban:. I pitched the yeast at 2:30 CST, and am still waiting for visible signs of fermentation. I am trying to be patient, but it is hard :(. Thanks to the forum for (unknowingly) answering some questions already.

I live west of Chicago in Lombard, and look forward to meeting some of my fellow brewers sometime. I decided to start brewing because I am getting tired of paying $7-$10 a six pack for the types of beer I enjoy. Besides, I like the idea of saying "I made that!". My 10 year old son helped me make the brew yesterday, so it was a special day no matter how the beer turns out :mug:. He kept saying "look at all that trub". (I was trying to teach him the new words that I am learning also.)

Hello again, and I look forward to being here!

George

Welcome. This site alone make everybody a better brewer.

I graduated from EIU and I have several friends from Lombard.

Welcome! I live just a little west of you in Wheaton... what a small world.

Be sure to check out & join the Chicago Group (click on "Groups" in the brown header bar) - lots of good local info in there...

Maybe we can get together for a brew day!
See ya

zigga! welcome! i have only been here about 2 months but believe you me this site rocks and i have learned a sh*t ton of stuff here more than any pther resource. I'm downtown in Wicker Park, greetings and enjoy the new hobby/obsession... :mug:

Back