E/SE Nebraska Area Group Buy 08/2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tre9er

Reaction score
Brewers,

As mentioned, there is a new site we're using to help manage the group buys. A HBT user (trickydq) and I worked on putting this together (again, he did all the work, I just gave input along the way) and I think it's pretty slick. There may be bumps in the road since it's a new thing, but let's give it a shot.

The site is www.brewbuys.com

Create an account and then click to join a group buy. The code for this buy is:

dd4eef20-bdcc-46a0-9061-d0abb97ccd0f

Yes, it's long, just copy and paste it in. It keeps random types from just joining a buy and mucking things up.

I've uploaded the price list, so you should be able to start playing around with your order. Nothing is final until the buy is closed, so don't worry about being on the fence about part of your order, etc. You're basically just telling me what you want, for now...but please DO try to be relatively accurate (ie. don't order 15 bags of stuff if you're not sure if you're even going to buy ANYTHING)

I'm pretty sure we'll have payment work the same way as before, where you'll get a link to your order on Cowtown's site and pay via PayPal, like always.

Let me know what you think and give trickydq a :mug: for his efforts in creating this site/interface.

Tre,
I registered with the site without any problems, but the code to join the group buy did not seem to work. I cut and pasted the code right out of your earlier post?

Anyone else had this problem?

When I click the button "Join Group Buy" it takes me to an error page. Not sure if it is just my browser or something wrong within the page.

Ok, I was just having a browser issue. It worked great for me when I switched to a different computer. I'm down for three bags. Thank you very much for setting this up again Tre!

Hey everyone, as tre mentioned I've been working to build the site to make this whole process easier. Please feel free to PM me or send a message through the contact form on the site if you're having any issues. I'll try to be as responsive as possible.

I got signed up. I wouldnt mind splitting a couple bags on crystal malt with somebody as Im not sure what I need with 50lbs each of c40/c60.

I got signed up. I wouldnt mind splitting a couple bags on crystal malt with somebody as Im not sure what I need with 50lbs each of c40/c60.

I'm looking for some C60 at this point. The C40 just doesn't give me enough color at times but I don't want to have to use 20% of the grain bill with all that sweetness. All of that to say if you want to split a bag I'm game.

I just did the split on my bag of c60. To do a split all you do is check the box, then details, then select the email address of the person(s) you want to split with, then enter the percentages for them, yours will update based on theirs, ie. you get what's left.

dpatrickv, check and see that the split bag is showing up in your order.

Anyone want to split some Vienna, too? I could probably easily use the whole 50lbs, but I'm trying to pinch pennies right now, and I only use it in smaller percentages in my pale ales.

If you want to split it, just add me to a split bag at 50%

Ill split some wheat and carapils as well, I plan on probably grabbing a bag of wheat regardless but would prefer to split as to save some money. The split bags are showing correctly on my order so far.

dpatrickv said:
Ill split some wheat and carapils as well, I plan on probably grabbing a bag of wheat regardless but would prefer to split as to save some money. The split bags are showing correctly on my order so far.

I'll split that carapils with you.

I do not see a split bag on my order. Still giving me a full bag.

If you already had a full bag, you probably need to remove that one if sf is adding you to a split. He cannot take your bag and make it a split, he has to order one and make it a split with you on it.

This is awesome!! Anyone want to split some Munich 10L?

Tre I got your split with Vienna, and dpatrickv I got your wheat split.

anyone want to split the Bairds MO!

I would order 2-3 bags of a continental pils if we could get em.....

Looks like JBRHH added me to a split of Vienna.

BRHH, I can get the Continental Pils. Let me try to get a price and enter it in the system.

Continental Pilsner is going to be Best Malz German, I think...is that fine for you guys? Probably looking at about $44 a bag, have to clarify that with CT.

Brewers Malt Color °L Moisture % Max. Protein Total Max. Extract CG Dry Min.
Pilsen 1.4 ‐2 4.0 11.5 81.5

Otherwise Sladovny or Franco Belges Pilsen.

anyone want to split the Bairds MO!

I would order 2-3 bags of a continental pils if we could get em.....

Im tempted to split a bag of MO, but it depends on how much extra cash I got laying around this next check. Tre, when are we going to need to get this closed out and paid for?

OK, Best Malz German Pilsner, $43 for 55# bag. I'm adding to price list now.

Rich is working on the site. There was a minor issue adding the German Pils. We'll have it on there soon though.

tre9er said:
OK, Best Malz German Pilsner, $43 for 55# bag. I'm adding to price list now.

Not to be too much of a pain but what other continental malts can you get on the buy? I could use some Munich or Vienna.

Not to be too much of a pain but what other continental malts can you get on the buy? I could use some Munich or Vienna.

Any and all. I will try to update the price list, but they would be the same price as the German Pils, $43 per bag, 55# bags.

Hey everyone, as tre mentioned I've been working to build the site to make this whole process easier. Please feel free to PM me or send a message through the contact form on the site if you're having any issues. I'll try to be as responsive as possible.

I don't see the Best Malz Pils that Tre said he added to the list. Fix?

I don't see the Best Malz Pils that Tre said he added to the list. Fix?

Yeah, there was an issue with adding things to the price list and Rich was working on it. It will get on there, no worries.

Edit: I just added the three continental malts discussed above. They're showing up now, near the top, under Best Malz

Hey Tre9er did you say you wanted to split some Vienna? Because I'd do a 50/50 of that if you want. Just add it and I'll accept.

Hey Tre9er did you say you wanted to split some Vienna? Because I'd do a 50/50 of that if you want. Just add it and I'll accept.

I think I already found someone to split that with, Big Red Hop Head, I believe. I'm sure someone else will be willing to split a bag, though.

Still looking to split 1) Bairds MO , and 2) Munich 10L any takers? if so just add me to the split on your order. Thanks

I am a little late on this one and still need to register but I would split the 10L with you. I would also split a bag of Vienna with someone.

I have a decent amount of grain left from the last buy, but would be willing to split some bags of random stuff if people are on the fence about something.

Sounds like we need to let this run a while. I think we're over a pallet right now, so let's fill a second in order to make shipping costs spread out best.

Back