How to safely mount a pump to the brew stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmunos

Reaction score
So i was wondering how everyone mounts their pumps to the stand. Currently I just plug mine into an extension cord which is plugged into a breaker but I would like to mount it permanently to the stand. Does anyone have any ideas or pictures?

here's mine, I have 2 of these pumps mounted to the stand. I just went into home depot with my pump and sat in the hardware section and played with stuff til I found something I liked.

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

Here's mine, I attached it to a piece of plywood then the plywood to the plastic drawers. I wired the pump to the switch, the switch is wired to the GFI outlet. The outlet is hard wired to the extension cord.

BrewRigCart.jpg

BrewRigElectrical.jpg

So i was wondering how everyone mounts their pumps to the stand. Currently I just plug mine into an extension cord which is plugged into a breaker but I would like to mount it permanently to the stand. Does anyone have any ideas or pictures?

What kind of stand are you using? That will partly determine what kind of mount to go with.

My old stand was a stainless steel cart/worktable from Sam's Club and I mounted the pump to the bottom wire rack with bolts and fender washers. I custom built my new stand and included a simple pedestal mount for my pump.

Pump1.jpg

What actually holds the pump securely? Friction? Or just inertia?

Cheers!

The 2 sides and the bottom are curved to make stops and the bracket on the pump just slides right in from the top.

There are 2 mounting holes that you use to affix the mount to the stand. IOW, the mount is permanently affixed, where as the pump is removable.

the march pump I have doesn't have the mounting plate on it. I use a piece of 1" angle iron welded to the stand with a SS band clamp to mount my pump.
I'll try and add a picture later.

OK I like the idea of drilling but I have a stand with integrated gas lines in the 1inch square tubing....

Here is a pic of my stand

BrewSculpture.jpg

Back