weber gas grill thermometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lordura

Reaction score
I have an extra thermometer from a Weber grill. Its the one that goes into the hood of the grill.
I was wondering if anyone has used something like this is a kettle or mashtun. Its obviously ok for extreme heat application but how would it stand up to wort? Its SS but uses a SS wingnut. I should be able to find a better nut for it but I don't know if this would be ok for brewing.

Its the same style that is on this grill:
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...D28X-_-100660015&locStoreNum=6866&marketID=34

I'd like to use it on my converted cooler.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

Also, the temperature range is wrong... IIRC, the Weber thermometer goes up to 600 degrees or more. The range you're interested in would be less than 1/3 the total scale.

They are definitely not very accurate. The one on my Weber has 5 deg. f. interval markings, lowest number at 150 and up to 750 f. range. I am lucky to be able to estimate the temperature reading within 15 deg. - even if the thermometer is calibrated and accurate you can't get a good reading because the pointer is larger than the marked intervals.

Back